Just got 350D

Soldato
W00t!

I went to somewhere! (they're not a competitor are they?) and got the 350D with a bag for £520, didn't thikn that was too bad. Unfortunately I assumed the camera would come with at least a 256mb CF card but it doesn't. Ooops and damn. All the shops are shut now too, aaargh!

Oh well, tomorrow I will pick up a gig stick then have a proper play. What would be the best CF card to get?

Last edited:
Soldato
Joe T said:
I would recommend a Sandisk Ultra 2 card - and I would get 1gb to start with.

Also, they are a competitor. :)
I don't have an SLR but the Sandisk Ultra 2s are what I'm thinking of using when I get my 350D. So £520 for the 350D, bag and 18-55 kit lens I presume?

Anything that OcUK sell such as processors, motherboards, routers, Windows software, digital cameras mean that you can't/shouldn't name another company who sell the same stuff.

Soldato
Another vote for the Ultra II's. Anything faster is a waste of money unless you're using top of the range SLR, IMO.

I use the 2gb version and it suites me fine, holds about 230 RAW's which is plenty for most shoots.

Shopping online should save you quite a bit and there's many bargins on ebay for memory cards. Could buy a very small cheap card on the high street to keep you going and then a nice big one from ebay!

Soldato
OP
Ok, edited. I would have bought from OCuK if they sold them as they have great customer service (shameless plug) ;)

Ok, that's fantastic thanks - I will bid on one now!

Yep, I got the Camera with lens kit and a £40 bag for £520. They also offered me a fast 1GB memory stick for a fair bit less than retail but I remember them being REALLY expensive for cards so thought I was better off getting one online.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mint_Sauce said:
Ok, edited. I would have bought from OCuK if they sold them as they have great customer service (shameless plug) ;)

Ok, that's fantastic thanks - I will bid on one now!

Yep, I got the Camera with lens kit and a £40 bag for £520. They also offered my a fast 1GB memory stick for a fair bit less than retail but I remember them being REALLY expensive for cards so thought I was better off getting one online.

is that the usm version? And by £520 i guess you haggled £10 off if so? If i'm right, you bought it from another branch of the shop i work at :)

Tom.

Soldato
OP
I got it all for £539.98, including the extended warrenty which I wouldn't usually take but it's 3 years including accidental damage. Can't say fairer than that I thought. :)

Basically:

£500 350D (black) with lens kit (the version with the free sandisk 256mb if you register on their website)
£20 camera rucksack bag (was £40 in shop)
£20 three years warrenty

Soldato
Mint_Sauce said:
I got it all for £539.98, including the extended warrenty which I wouldn't usually take but it's 3 years including accidental damage. Can't say fairer than that I thought. :)

Basically:

£500 350D (black) with lens kit (the version with the free sandisk 256mb if you register on their website)
£20 camera rucksack bag (was £40 in shop)
£20 three years warrenty

£20 :o manager do you a deal then? Or was it not from a blue shop? ;)

Tom.

Associate
Great camera mate.. I bought one on Friday.. You just need a lens to go on it now.. :eek:

350D.jpg

350D=1.jpg

Now how hideous is that.. :D

Soldato
This photo made me laugh - A Canon 350D inside a Sigma 300-800 lens hood :D
Buster - take a shot of the 350D with your 85mm F1.2 attached :p

lens-images\350D-inside-Sigma-Telephoto.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
busterboy said:
Great camera mate.. I bought one on Friday.. You just need a lens to go on it now.. :eek:

Now how hideous is that.. :D

I feel inadequate now, I've only got a little standard one. :(

I did get a manager deal on the warrenty which is cool as it may come in handy!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom