• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Just got a 9800 pro (for my little brothers pc), how to see temps?

Soldato
OP
Lol lucky you, I spose if you buy a zalman and get similar volts to a 9800 pro (might need to check on that), theres nothing stopping you at all.

Soldato
LoopyLee said:
I got a 9550 Radeon with R360 GPU, does tis mean I could clock this card as high as a 9800pro?

No fan on card bit basic with that but I have read the R360 is best and my card is fitted with one

Any tips?
i'd presume the 9550 is a 4 pipe card? and i dont have a clue whether it'll have the same memory bandwidth (256mbit) as the 9800pro or if it can be unlocked (doubtful as i havent heard anything from overclockers about it)

Caporegime
Yeah its definately NOT an r360 core, rv350 or rv360 are the two choices.

Should get quite a bit of speed out of an rv360 core (possibly needing a pencil voltmod), seem to remember getting a LOT of speed out of my 9600XT (temporary card when I blew up my 9800PRO @ XT).

Soldato
OP
paradigm said:
You won't overclock it because you cant see temps :confused: Thats just bizarre.

paradigm said:
seem to remember getting a LOT of speed out of my 9600XT (temporary card when I blew up my 9800PRO @ XT).

lol.. Now i'm scared to overclock again :D, i'll just overclock it a little that way I know im not pushing it.

Caporegime
Don't worry I was REALLY pushing mine, it was vmem, vcore and vtt modded, it had one mother of a socket A cooler on it, as well as ramsinks. Besides, it was my vapochill dripping condensation onto the AGP slot that killed it :(

Back
Top Bottom