Just got back from OcUK Track Evening

Man of Honour
Just as a point of interest, is it me or are those directional tyres in one of the first batch of shots fitted the wrong way round.....

The Radical looks fantastic, I was reading a road test in CCC the other day.
Fantastic performance for the money.

Soldato
i was told that with certain types of tread like that regardless of them being labelled as directional it doesnt make any difference which way they are facing as they are still designed to be able ot work due to their pattern and V shape being able to disperese water outwards.

I would imagine the Radical crew know what they are doing though ;)

G

I was surprised to find on the tyre there were NO direction of rotation markings :eek:

The dunlop website only mentions drive direction arrows and stencil markings to give an idea of where they go. These tyres have neither :eek: and the wheels aren't marked N/s +O/s

We just needed the slicks off asap and the rain boots on to get some track time, The rain was getting heavier and the light going quickly.

The handling was awsome even in large amounts of surface water, just ask the driver of the black TVR ;)

he commented something about the rad, not being in his mirror one minute and then it passing him the next.

Soldato
I also thought the tyres were the wrong way round

On my Goodyear Eagle F1's with a very similar tread pattern they indicate that the tread should be pointing towards the front of the car

e.g. Right Rear

good_year_f1.jpg

G

tis indeed a V similar tread pattern m8
does your tyre have an D.O.R arrow on the side wall?

Both myself and Mr spie looked very closely at both sides of the tyres for such a marking, without being able to find one :eek:

D5_fitment.gif

those tyres have neither the arrow or the yellow stencil markings (visable on the slicks ;) )

Associate
my standard xr2i did it in 1 min 44.9s on a previous track day and it was my verry first rack day

no idea if its a good time but the people in the pits said it wasnt bad for a first time

i only have 105bhp under the hood but some of the mechanics there said a 2.0 mondaeo motor shouldnt be too much trouble to fit with sone rs1800 parts to make it fit

/me checks wallet :D

shame about my brand new bridgstones tho there not going through the next mot! at one point the tread started to melt over to to the next bit of tread!

who ever wants to do a track day just do it dont think about it!
remember its not a race its all for fun!! do dont get intimidated by faster cars just let them past :)

if you take your own car just go to a scrap yard and get a spare set of wheels and when the tyres are all scrubed out out go to a tyre garrage and get them to fit some old ones that are going to be thrown out my local garage say theay will charge me 20 quid !

also dont forget to pump your tyres up to atleast 40psi else just the edges of your tyres will get scrubed out

happy motoring !

Soldato
Originally posted by Stumpy
does your tyre have an D.O.R arrow on the side wall?

They do have an direction arrow

Originally posted by Stumpy

Both myself and Mr spie looked very closely at both sides of the tyres for such a marking, without being able to find one :eek:

Yeah, maybe Dunlop forgot :)
Either it doesn't apply to those tyres or it doesn't make much difference which way they are fitted.

Back
Top Bottom