Just got back from sealing the deal on my first car!

Soldato
ace wheels... make sure you check them for cracks etc....

But I need to reiterate again... get a cat 1 alarm fitted as your next purchase. It'll lower your insurance (a little) and means you have more peace of mind if some toerag decides he wants it (or parts of it)

Caporegime
OP
jpmonkey69 said:
ace wheels... make sure you check them for cracks etc....

But I need to reiterate again... get a cat 1 alarm fitted as your next purchase. It'll lower your insurance (a little) and means you have more peace of mind if some toerag decides he wants it (or parts of it)

Cheers mate, how much do they cost to fit and what are their major advantages?

I will definately get one fitted though if they are worth it regardless of price...

Associate
A CAT 1 alarm lowered my insurance by £20.
Previous owner had it fitted (fitted professionally with certificate).
I'm not sure how much it cost but the Zetec S comes standard with a CAT 2 alarm+immobiliser so all he bought was an upgrade kit so it's now a CAT 1, it does even need an extra fob to arm it because it's just hooked up to the previous security system.
It does give you peace of mind when you know you've got decent security on your car.
I've got a Cobra 3800 CAT 1 alarm+immobiliser fitted to my car.
It came with a led dash kit thing as well. It just flashes in a funky way when the alarm is armed.

Caporegime
OP
Caporegime
OP
Bullocks. Oh well i'll try em anyway and take pics and see if they suit it at all, then if not i'll keep em for a bit and sell them on Ebay as they go for £60+ so I wont lose anything at the price I bought them for. :)

Caporegime
OP
No offence mate but I have seen multiple sets go for £60+, im an Ebay guru and constantly wheeling and dealing on it selling stuff for more than I buy for. The guy set a low BIN to get rid and get the cash, typical "quick sale" method. If I say it will sell for ~£60 it will, trust me, i'll even get you proof of sale when the time comes if you want. :D

Anyway as I say i'll see how they look before I dump them, them may look decent on my car.

Just out of interest do you guys think that the only lights that look decent are the standard clio ones?

Back
Top Bottom