Just got back from servicing the puma ( Pics )

Sam

Sam

Soldato
OP
£142 on a service + £25 fo upgrade to the Denso Iridium plugs

£475 having the the calipers reconned ( 3 hours labour = 3 x 49.00 + 39.00 for 4 large pistons and £32.00 for the 4 small pistons then £60 odd for the seal kit ) In this package you also get your calipers painted but unfortantley i didnt have enough time so it will be done next time

£59.00 having the brake fluid flushed and filled with the best ( Normal stuff is £39.99 )

£100 on Ford Racing Pads

£60 on Megs Gear

The brakes were the killer , pumabuild are very reasonable but unfortantley Racing puma spares are very very expensive. A rear bumper will set you back £750 and then you have to prime and spray it

Its what you get owning a car where only 500 were made , spares are very limited and therefor very expensive.

Sam

Last edited:
Soldato
I was actually thinking about these replies before you posted Sam.

Come on guys, the FRP isn't just any ordinary car. It's built using some high quality performance components... not just general middle of the range parts.

Just ask Rotty or great advice how much it costs for a service/brake overhaul on their cars. :)

Anyway Sam, car's looking lovely as always. Looking forward to seeing it at a future meet :cool:

Associate
Hey mate - did I see you driving through south london, s.circular to be specific today (sat) ? You got a tom tom in the corner of your window, right ? . . . . . am sure it was your plate I saw darting around. . . .

R

Mehul

Sam

Sam

Soldato
OP
MehulLakhani said:
Hey mate - did I see you driving through south london, s.circular to be specific today (sat) ? You got a tom tom in the corner of your window, right ? . . . . . am sure it was your plate I saw darting around. . . .

R

Mehul

YES !!!! was with muncher but had to come home because my cars broken :p Oh well wallet out again

Soldato
MehulLakhani said:

R

Mehul

You'll be able to recognise Sam a mile off. He's got quite shockingly blonde hair ;) :D

GT3

GT3

Soldato
agw_01 said:
I was actually thinking about these replies before you posted Sam.

Come on guys, the FRP isn't just any ordinary car. It's built using some high quality performance components... not just general middle of the range parts.

Just ask Rotty or great advice how much it costs for a service/brake overhaul on their cars. :)

Anyway Sam, car's looking lovely as always. Looking forward to seeing it at a future meet :cool:

But complete overhall of calipers every few months costing £475 is a bloody lot of money. And for maybe the cost of two overhalls you could buy some 6 pot tarox calipers which would have dirt seals and probably perform better :p

Soldato
agw_01 said:

FRP is a great car, but I'm sure Sam will agree, not quite the same level as a Scooby/Evo are they.

Anyway, Evos are famously expensive for servicing, and Subarus are flat four, meaning high labour costs. I know 90k major services from a main dealer aren't this much on a scooby off the top of my head.

Soldato
Good points guys... but Scooby/Evo... *yawn* see them quite often... FRP's... I've never EVER seen one!

andi, what's that, been researching have we? ;)

Soldato
agw_01 said:
Good points guys... but Scooby/Evo... *yawn* see them quite often... FRP's... I've never EVER seen one!

andi, what's that, been researching have we? ;)

Dreaming mainly :o

Was looking at the dealer section on SNet and there was a post on there..

And you may see them all the time, but they do 150mph and 0-60 in 5s, compared to 125 and 8s. Performance wise, they're the next level.

Soldato
So what are you saying? Evos and Scoobys don't have the control a Puma does? That they're not a completely different level of performance?

Permabanned
According to what people say, FRP are certainly a unique kind of car, with racing predigree or somesuch without the performance times on paper, i know id consider it if it was my money that was going down.

Whats gone wrong with the car now sam?

Sam

Sam

Soldato
OP
Thanks for all the advice etc guys, the calipers have done 50k without a rebuild and should do another 50k without a problem as long as i simply remove the pads then give them a clean with some brake cleaner. A very simple job.

And to the people who keep saying ive been "done over" please read my above posts which breaks down the costs. Racing puma parts are expensive , you either buy them from ford , pumaspeed or pumabuild.

Im very happy with my car, and therefor i dont mind spending lots of money on it. I knew it would be expensive to maintain before i bought it :)

Sam

Sam

Sam

Soldato
OP
MehulLakhani said:

R

Mehul

What were you driving btw, and where abouts did you see me. Where you doing the tunnel run too ?

Back
Top Bottom