Just got back from servicing the puma ( Pics )

Sam

Sam

Soldato
OP
Goliath said:
Looking good Sam, spent £900 myself at Pumaspeed on Friday so I know how your wallet feels :p

(Stalling problem probably is the idle control valve, been there as well :mad: )

Hi Fella

Its all worth it in the end tho :) By the summer the she will be running on fantastic tyres in 100% full health ready for the shows and meets etc.

This problem is going to be a nightmare mind you :( It could be the Hego / Idle Control Valve / Coil pack i really just DONT KNOW and im not sure ford will either. I hope they actually try to diagnose the problem rather than just wacking things on to try to eliminate the problem landing me with a MASSIVE bill lol.

Last edited:

Sam

Sam

Soldato
OP
Ev0 said:
Vaguely remember that article, what car won at the end?

1. Clio
2. Racing Puma
3. Integra

Clio won for its versatility and on road speed which i agree with. Ive been in cocos and evan tho it was like a lake and the roads were full of pot holes that thing held on like glue. The FRP and integra are not soo good due to having wider tyres and harder suspension ( more of a track set up )

I did actually look at a 172 cup but insurance was a big no no lol

Sam

Permabanned
i have used puma build a couple of times for my focus rs. They are top guys and i do not think they would have ripped him off they service most of the racing pumas in the uk

Sam

Sam

Soldato
OP
Duke said:
Looking good, Sam. Are the chaps up in PB ok?

Sorry missed this, yes mate there fantastic did an amazing job and didnt mind me watching over everything they did asking about a million questions :p

SDK uses them too :)

Sam

Sam

Sam

Soldato
OP
Went a bit crazy with the megs stuff :\

P1000342%20(Medium).JPG

Soldato
Sam said:
Ive been in cocos and evan tho it was like a lake and the roads were full of pot holes that thing held on like glue.

Did you guys have your seatbelts on in that thing?

I went out in Gilly's, and when we passed you it looked as though you were jumping about inside the car :D

Handling was amazing though! I'm sure Gilly can comment on how much I was screaming like a girl.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
OP
Front discs and pads for the Racing puma if done properley IE Alcon and Ford Racing stuff is

£218 each disc
£100 for a set of pads then what an hours labour so about

£640

Sam

Associate
I just went out and got 2/3 autoglym bits and bobs - but ony interior stuff. I can't see too much point in using up lots of expensive products and time and effort on polishing the car in the winter - it just gets dirty as soon as you give it some stick.

I'm just going to use the Shell Self-Jet Wash and Alloy Wheel Cleaner on the outside :o

Soldato
Sam said:
£475 having the the calipers reconned ( 3 hours labour = 3 x 49.00 + 39.00 for 4 large pistons and £32.00 for the 4 small pistons then £60 odd for the seal kit ) In this package you also get your calipers painted but unfortantley i didnt have enough time so it will be done next time

I'd recommend swapping the calipers for something more suited to british road use and store the Alcons. £475 is just taking the ****...also 3 hours to rebuild the calipers seems a long time...
:)

Permabanned
jon.bda said:
I'd recommend swapping the calipers for something more suited to british road use and store the Alcons. £475 is just taking the ****...also 3 hours to rebuild the calipers seems a long time...
:)

Nah 12 cups of tea 2 trips to the bog 3 flicks through FHM one session of furious masturbation and 20 mins to do the calipers, sounds about right.

Back
Top Bottom