Just Got Back From The Cop Shop...

Soldato
So? It wont cost him anything to do and will annoy the thug.

true, but it would wind me up more to spend that much time to take him to court, and in a way the thug has the last laugh as he will no doubt not pay and what are you going to do, chase him up for 16p?

Also, if the thug is local, is it worth upsetting him anymore? i am not saying this is the right thing to do, but certainly a consideration i would have.

unfortunately i just dont think its worth the agro.

Soldato
I think you did the right thing by trying to get out of the situation instead of causing harm to either yourself or the idiot. Yes, it has resulted in damage to your car but imagine what you'd be saying now if you'd run him over trying to get through the red light right away?

It may seem defeatist to just give up and suck eggs but in the long run its going to result in the least hassle especially if he is a local lad.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
You did the right thing. At least you didn't have someone stop their car at a green light, leap out and smash you drivers side window and then smash your eye socket.

It was broad daylight on a busy road, nobody would be a witness and the police weren't interesred. I had to drive to the station myself and give a statement but nothing was ever done despote they had a reg plate and cctv.i had only driven 200 yards and his car came from the other way. Police said he was probably on steroids.

Next time i'll probaby do something stupid and get myself into more troible than its worth thanks to tjis incedent.

Associate
A similar thing has happened to me in my car before, but he hit the windows, and it must have hurt his hands sooooooooooo bad.
He started doing it because he was having an argument with this partner at beach car park one summer evening, and my gf decided to stare at him, so he wasn't happy and was shouting abuse at us, then got in his car to drive off, but nooooooooooooooooooo he reversed his car behind mine so I couldn't move and ran at my driver side door, luckily I locked the doors quickly and he just start hitting the windows lots, and my gf was shouting abuse at him, I was telling her to shut up. After a few mins he got bored and drove off.
Phoned the police and they said I had no evidence so there was no point, besides the fact I had his number plate and the state he was in he'd probably go beat his partner or something worse.
As everyone else said just sue him for the damages to your car once hes convicted :) even if you get it fixed now, you can sue him down the line for the amount it cost :)

Soldato
true, but it would wind me up more to spend that much time to take him to court,
It takes ten minutes to fill in the form online.

and in a way the thug has the last laugh as he will no doubt not pay and what are you going to do, chase him up for 16p?
Court ordered bailiffs - at his cost.

Also, if the thug is local, is it worth upsetting him anymore?
Why not?

Man of Honour
the chances of me getting repairs to my car paid for are unlikely :(
A few years back I had a neanderthal dent my driver's door and punch me in the face. The judge fined him massive and awarded costs - to repair the door. Much to my surprise I got the money.

Soldato
Reminds me of an incident I was involved in several years ago, someone was standing in the middle of lanes when the traffic light was green and decided to belt the car I was in, it went to court and he argued that the lights were red, nearly ran him over, the dent was because the car hit him etc but the dent had his foot print on it and his story had a lot of holes, they found him guilty.

Associate
Is there a situation where it could be anywhere near permissible to hit him with the car? (drive not throw the car at him) For example if you were in fear of your life/safety? How far does it go? Wielding a shotgun or a dead cat etc? I.e if the only escape is through him.

I recall I overtook some guy in a Sharan/Galaxy with his mrs and kids, he didn't like it, chased me, overtook and then slammed on anchors. Both stopped. He gets out, red as a badger and starts approaching my car. I slam in reverse, turn round (using a field entrance), and get going sharpish. If there'd been a line of cars behind me I'd have been stumped. Mother suggested I'd ran the git down, but as he left his AK in the car, I did not think it appropriate.

Soldato
It's hard to prove who lobbed a couple of chunks of slate through your windscreen.

If you think it's very likely someone's going to vandalise your car wouldn't you maybe park it in a spot where there's CCTV cover or even install a hidden camera in you car?

Must think laterally about these things.

Soldato
At which point he gets rearrested, prosecuted again and then subsequently sued again. You laugh as you get increasingly more amount of his money.

so what? the legal system in this country is a joke and we all know it.

there is no fear factor from law enforcements anymore and these lowlife dead beats know it. he'll be out on the streets soon in no time having paid his £60 fine...

like Fantom has said, if this guy spots the car or even himself again, there could be repercussions. let's hope the guy was too overdosed/ratarsed to even remember.

Where was this? Redruth by any chance? :p

st austell... its just as bad if not worse these days :p ****** everywhere

Back
Top Bottom