Just Got Hidden Camera'd

Soldato
DailyGeek said:
I wrote a sketch that was stolen by dom joly for series 2 of trigger happy <- True story.

Git :(
Nice guys finish last.. in this case, the nice guy stole your sketch, so not only was the nice guy nice, he finished first too.. you just sucked..
:p
[gords daily mean quota filled]

but remember karma.. you wont know it but youll be a prince in the next life and he will be a.. forum don?? :p

Last edited:
Soldato
That guy really has guts he either isnt from Glasgow or he was picking on nerds.. as if you where to pick on the wrong person. Theres a very good chance of been stabbed or beaten to an inch of your life even if it is in the city centre.

Soldato
Ice Rich said:
Can you expand on that please, what exactly happened?

I would be intrested to know....

Well, a few years back at college me and two friends used to write comedy sketches (pretty wierd, off the wall stuff) and I was in email contact with Dom Joly and a few people from Tiger Aspect, head of Channel 4 light entertainment etc.

Anyway just trying to get pointers I'd email sketch ideas to Dom for his thoughts and on the most part he was helpful, if completely up his own arse.

I wrote some very basic stuff in the style of THTV so he could see what we could do, including one such sketch which basically involved someone in a huge pigeon outfit attacking some unknowing flying-rat fiddler in trafalgar square.

Now one day, Dom stopped replying, and after a couple of days, I thought hell to it, he's a busy guy, i'll let him get on.

Then i saw the teaser for series two of trigger happy and bugger me if I didn't see my pigeon sketch, not just the idea, but the whole direction of it was identical!

The problem is, I was soft in the head and didn't get copyright or anything on what i'd sent. Mostly because I thought it was worthless.

I didn't want money or anything other than credit that something I wrote was actually broadcast. But nothing.

Like I said. Git.

In fact I believe my sketch is actually found online as an animated GIF!

Soldato
Six6siX said:
Isn't there such a thing as automatic copyright which includes literary and theatrical works amongst other things? Though, I suppose you'd have to prove it was you who came up with the idea first date-wise...

i have nothing, it was an email sent from a college email system about five or six years ago. I don't intend to bother arguing, it just grates me that it went uncredited even though i asked him just to stick my name in the credits on the dvd :/

Soldato
That really is lame, will be even worse when cut with some canned laughter and some cut scenes of the plank doing some cheesy over the top laughing to camera.

I wouldn't have signed the consent personally.

Soldato
Glasgow centre is fine during the day, i doubt the majority of shoppers strolling down buchanan street are just itching to stab somebody in the rectum. It's fine at night time too as long as you stay away from the dodgy clubs and dodgier alleyways.

Back
Top Bottom