just had my first cigarette... (thread started by thepedster)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I have always been TOTALLY anti smoking (including dope). I really can't stand the smell of fags, and it makes my eyes uber sore when I'm in a room of people who are smoking. However, when I was 14, I went through a day of rebellion and drunk a whole bottle of 20/20 (first taste of alcohol) and then took 1 drag of my mate's fag because everyone dared me to. I then proceeded to chuck up the entire contents of my guts everywhere. I've never ever been one to succumb to peer pressure, but that was the one time I failed. I don’t like admitting that I’ve tried it and I still regret it, but no one’s perfect and I realise I was an utter nonce. If anything, it made me even more anti smoking. I haven’t tried it since and never will.

Funnily enough, I also think that incident with 20/20 (along with what happened on my 18th birthday) also helped to put me off alcohol somewhat. I am not a big drinker at all and only do so when in social situations if I feel like it. I just don’t like the taste of the stuff much.

Soldato
20/20. Those were the days! Complete anti smoker here too, smoke doesnt bother me when Im out clubbing, but if im in the pub with a mate who smokes it gets annoying. NOt a lot you can do though

Soldato
I like the taste of it, the smell of it (well the stale smell isn't too grand but I can wash that out), and the feeling it gives me.

I'm sleeping better and waking up easier

Although this sounds like the best reason yet to give up.

Permabanned
lol I thought everyone tryed it to see what it was like?

when I was 15 I tryed it, didnt inhale it thought eh whats the fuss about, next fag took a massive breath of it... sheesh did that put me off or what.

at the end of the day most people start by peer pressure whether they like to say it or not.

I still see no logic in smoking...... you pay to fill your body with thousands of chemicals and crap... right

DELETED

Last edited:
Associate
Re: Re: just had my first cigarette...

Originally posted by Kronologic
See its idiots like you who fund a industry that is deadicated to killing its costomers.

The first try is always the hardest once you pop you cant stop

PERSONAL INSULT DELETED

Associate
Funnily enough I started by smoking the filters of my m8s cigarettes to try and grosse them out and get them to STOP smoking...lol , I eventually got into it , and offered loads by mates in past jobs..

I currently smoke between 0-5 a day , luckily I can keep myself in check for the moment , but theres always the chance that it will go up.

My dad used to smoke for years until just before I was born.

He claims his taste and sense of smell improoved massively on giving up ,although it did take some time for these senses to fully return , he enjoys his wine a bit more , and his food.

I do seem to have a psychological addiction to the 'act' of smoking , but chemically a rarely get much out of it , so I guess that helps keep me in check.

To this day if I inhale a big drag , I get slight headache symptoms , a bit like a miniscule hangover.

imho , each to their own , but at the end of the day , its a mugs game... I won't be continuing to smoke much longer , but for the moment I don't want to quit , I smoke so little at the moment that why deny myself my little foible , usually if I find myself averaging over 5 a day then i'll quit for a couple of weeks or a couple of months then start again , lol.

But don't smoke , and especially not because of peer pressure , you should feel proud that you don't smoke!

And one thing I do know , 'most' girls HATE smoking (quite right too) so if the health issues and the anti-sociability to non-smokers don't put you off... that should!:p

Well done for holding out so long , and shame on you for finally caving in!

Last edited:
Soldato
I tried smoking when I was nine, glad I did that early as it really stuck in my mind how bad it tasted. That and the fact my sister and her mates all smelt VERY bad.

Oh, also my favourite aunt died of smoking-induced cancer a year later. :(

Associate
Never tried it. Never intend to. 'Friends' who try and get me to try one really do **** me off.

Don't sound like friends to me , unless they were drunk.

Ped m8 , i'm glad you've tried ONE , and hated it , word of advice , in a drunken moment , or if the significant other asks you to try one after sex or something. DON'T

I too hated my first one , which turned to a second one at parties , to a 3rd one.

My old joke used to be 'yeah i'm a hardcore smoker , i'm up to my 2nd this year' , which went up to 5 in a year , then 10 , then 10 on a night out with m8s....

Make it you're first and last m8!;)

Associate
TBH I really don't know why more people don't listen to smokers who will ALL tell you not to do it. I can accept that in your mid/late teens it probably looks "hard" and "cool" to be seen smoking, but TBH anyone who is so easily impressed is not sombody I would be too bothered about being friendly with.

Even if i'm walking down the road behind sombody who is smoking, I have to step to the side or quickly get infront of them - I detest the smell that much.

After having seen my last remaining grandparent kill herself with the things, and my mum currently doing her best to follow in her footsteps, I can honestly say that I have never even tried a cigarette, and never will.

rant over :)

Soldato
Originally posted by 355F1512TR
Even if i'm walking down the road behind sombody who is smoking, I have to step to the side or quickly get infront of them - I detest the smell that much.

Ditto. Can't stand it. Fortunately only one of my proper mates smokes, so I don't have too much trouble with mates smoking around me. I must come across as a right drybread, but I can't STAND it and don't see why I should have to put up with it.

It also affects my first impression of someone if they smoke. I know that's an awful thing to do, but I can't help it.

Man of Honour
I've never had the urge to smoke and never will, ever. I know there are people who say you should always try things in life, but I know for sure that smoking (of any kind) is something I will never try for as long as I live. Disgusting things and if anyone persisted in trying to make me smoke, I'd smack him.

I class myself very fortunate that none of my close friends smoke, so when I'm out with them I know I'm okay. If only my brother, sister and dad could give up, then I'd be a happy camper.

DCP

DCP

Associate
The main reason I gave up smoking was because of my g/f she can't stand the smell and will set her coughing, plus the fact she wanted to keep me in good health :D

Now I find that if I've been in a smokey place or someone has had a cigarette I can smell the smoke and boy is it nasty...

I'm so glad I don't smell like that anymore :D

And I completely agree with the tasting, sleeping, and *ahem* stuff too...

Although giving up is never easy *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom