just had my first cigarette... (thread started by thepedster)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
OP
WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!

slow down you crazy cats, I am not some 50 a day fag hag, never will be I detest smoking as much as other people, I stand behind the var at work for like 6 hours evey other night watching people smoke cigarettes, cigars, pipes and I have alwyas wondered how they do it, cos to me breathing in smoke is like the dumbest thing in the world possibly EVER, the times when I was in scouts and cubs doing campfires, I remember chucking up due to smoke inhilation and that, I wondered if a cigarette was the same???

smoking one is hardly gonna cut my life span in half, but I reckoned it was summit I had to do just the once, to 'see' what it was like, I wasnt doing it to look hard, or impress. I smoked it standing in the middle of the local allotments at 2 in the morning in the rain, out of sight from anyone

but now Ican say I have done that, I am never doing it again, as its just totally freaking pointless, and even just thinking about it is making my throat hurt!!!

Soldato
Haha great thread, I love the way how everyone round here jumps to conclusions!

"all the cool kids smoke"..
lmao @ those who don't understand sarcasm :D

Associate
Originally posted by thepedster

but now Ican say I have done that, I am never doing it again, as its just totally freaking pointless, and even just thinking about it is making my throat hurt!!!

You could just have done like me and not tried them at all adam :p

Next party im sending you outside with the smokers :p

Soldato
Originally posted by Anonymous
Never tried it. Never intend to. 'Friends' who try and get me to try one really do **** me off.

When I was about the experimentation age, my father was in his nth attempt to give it up. So I didn't bother as I realised just how difficult it was to give up.

It is a losers game.

They don't call them coffin nails for nothing. My father's lungs were shot after smoking and finally caused his death four years ago after years of pain.

Associate
smoking one is hardly gonna cut my life span in half, but I reckoned it was summit I had to do just the once, to 'see' what it was like

Just making sure i'm being cruel enough to be kind!;)

Glad you are so against it , so let it be a warning to anyone considering taking up a cancer stick , the above is exactly how a lot of people start.

I'm glad its you're last one m8!:)

Permabanned
Only thing i've ever smoked is cannabis
icon14.gif

Soldato
Thanks for the warning!

I have never had any intentions of smoking since my mum and dad told me something when I was young...

"Son, if I ever catch you with a cigarette in your mouth, I'll cut all your hair off!"

Never wanted to have one after that moment :) I barely even touch them either.

It's so frustrating nowadays though that so many women smoke. My mum says they do it to keep the weight off themselves though.

If there are any smoking women on these forums, is this true? Or do you just smoke because every one else seems to?

Permabanned
Im trying to give up and Ive been about 5days so far and Im getting big cravings for it and getting really violent which isn't a good sign. Smoking alwyas calmed me down so I didnt have to hit people and now I just get so irritated by the slightest things. I feel like crying, I so want just one fag but I know it'll end up with a lot more :(

Permabanned
Originally posted by [ASSE]Hinchy

If there are any smoking women on these forums, is this true? Or do you just smoke because every one else seems to?

Smoked since I was 9, stupid I know but nm, It does keep me thin now I think about it, but I'm not concerned about my weight. And it wasn't peer pressure, I was going through a few problems as usual and it was something to do to get me away from home for a few mins at least and it kept me calm so i didnt answer back to my parents which'd be a bad thing knowing my dad.

Soldato
I know there will be some people out there, like yourself, who will smoke just to get away from it all.

But it seems that every way you look now, there is a female with a cigarette between her fingers. I have a feeling some of them think it makes them look cool and sexy, but kissing a girl who's had a fag in her mouth all night isn't half as nice as kissing someone who hasn't smoked. Just my personal opinion anyway.

By all means, if people want to smoke, let them :) They know the risks. It's people that sue the cigarette companies for giving them cancer that get on my nipples :mad:

/rant over

hehe

Permabanned
True, they probably do it so they don't look so stupid tbh (not that they look clever but ill explain now). If I'm on my own or waiting for someone I look a bit stupid or feel like it on my own, if I have a fag in my hand I feel alright and confident and forget about being self-concious. Maybe thats the reason? Oh well, I love the smell, taste and everything about them

iam

iam

Permabanned
Been smoking since I was 11. The biggest mistake I have ever, or will ever make.

At 15, my dad found out I was on near 20 a day, so took me to see a relative who is dying, then took me to an abandoned car park in an old industrial center. I never once said a word. He told me that if I ever smoke again, I will end up like my relative with huge black spots over her body where the morphine had been injected, which was necessary to help her breathe. With street racers circling us, it being pitch black, and the fact that I had never been so afraid of my dad, made me the most scared I'd ever been.

It worked. I didn't smoke for 6 months. Then it happened exactly how pedster describes, in pubs and at friends, I'd have the odd one, which led to the odd two, which led to me buying 20 every day again.

A couple of months passed, I quit again, on the thought that "If in 40 years, I'm enjoying my life, have a lovely wife and kids, and it gets taken away from me because I was weak enough to smoke, how annoyed am I going to be?" It worked. A few years free of smoking were great.

Then at a party recently, while pulling some girl, I inhaled smoke out of her mouth. And that really is it. From that, it turned to an odd fag when drunk. Then the stupid rule "okay I'll only smoke when out with mates etc, but not at home/work". From there it's turned back into 20 a day.

And thats an underestimate aswell, I can smoke about 60 in a day. I was once stupid enough to smoke 40 in two hours. It all depends on who I'm with, what I'm doing etc.

It really is the work of the devil, and I am being deadly serious.

I enjoy smoking, I love the smell, so I often think to myself, "why should I quit if I enjoy it?". But then I realise, it's my very addiction to them that makes me think that they taste nice/smell nice.

It's an addiction like any other. Like an alcoholic, the slightest taste of alcohol can lead them back on a path of alcohol abuse. It's exactly the same for me with smoking. One toke will lead to me being a regular smoker.

Pedster, I really do hope that is your last. Good luck.

Suspended
Originally posted by [ASSE]Hinchy

But it seems that every way you look now, there is a female with a cigarette between her fingers. I have a feeling some of them think it makes them look cool and sexy, but kissing a girl who's had a fag in her mouth all night isn't half as nice as kissing
someone who hasn't smoked. Just my personal opinion anyway.

How can you not like that ash-tray taste?

Soldato
OP
I guess I am lucky cos no one in my family smokes, my school type friends dont smoke, and of al lthe realtives I know only 3 smoke, so apart from work, smoking to me is nothing, it has no toher meaning other than stupidity

Originally posted by iam

Pedster, I really do hope that is your last. Good luck.

it dam well will be, that is pretty scary post of yours there mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom