Just left my little girl at Uni - anybody else?

Soldato
Nah she lived in bournemouth, was at college for 3 years. Now she's at UWE and I'm back in Somerset :) 45 mins on the train isn't too bad.

Ah fair enough, knew you met her last year so figured she was a uni student too. :)

45mins is good, I used to have to go from Bournemouth to Southampton to Dorchester South, run to Dorchester West then train to Taunton in first and second year to see my (now ex) girlfriend. :eek:

Soldato
Wise words - I wish I was as old as you with your experience.

I was actually thinking about this the other day, my son is 2 1/2 now, but that 2 1/2 years has flown by in the blink of an eye; it makes me quite sad thinking about when we'll not have his crazy personality around the house (although, after the teenage years that will probably be a blessing!).

I guess I'm just trying to get at making the most of the moments you do spend with your daughter over the next few years before she heads off and starts her own family (and then provides you with grandchildren!). :)

Soldato
Ah fair enough, knew you met her last year so figured she was a uni student too. :)

45mins is good, I used to have to go from Bournemouth to Southampton to Dorchester South, run to Dorchester West then train to Taunton in first and second year to see my (now ex) girlfriend. :eek:

:eek:

Met her in Feb :p

I've done it once getting to Bournemouth from home, and didn't realise Dorchester West and South were separate! My first train was delayed so had to run it too after getting directions.

The other route to take is Bournemouth > Southampton > Bristol > Bridgwater!

Soldato
:eek:

Met her in Feb :p

Last Uni year. ;)

Yeah, due to the trains being like that I made her visit me...probably didn't help with the whole dumping me thing. :p

Dorchester is an arse I decided after doing that one, lol.

Doesn't bother me.
Both my girls are from Stoke and got into their 20's without a teenage pregnancy so I'm quite proud.

Hahaha. *Makes mental note not to bring kids up in Stoke*

makes me jealous hearing people talk about how good uni is. i opted for gap year and found a partner in that time and never ended up going back to education :( sure i'll be glad in a few years time i never went but feel i missed out a lot on the social side more then education.

Soldato
You can still go.

One of the girls on my course started at 21/22 with a husband and 2 little'uns.

Although placement year (August 08-August 09) she left him and the kids for someone from work. :eek: :(

Soldato
my youngest goes in october but left my eldest at Bangor uni 2yrs back its hard but you know its the right thing for them and the holidays are pretty long arnt they? wish id have gone myself looks like one long party to me (but maybe an expensive one)

Man of Honour
What a weird feeling, I feel numb.
Her big sister is already upstairs swapping bedrooms around because she opted for a smaller one years ago.
It seems strange that we will only see her now & then over the next 3 years :(

Anybody else gone through this today?

My little girl is only 5 so I've got a good many years before this happens. But I really can imagine how much I'd miss her. I love her to bits. Totally unconditional love.

Be strong!

Back
Top Bottom