Just ordered.....

Associate
Berserker said:
We've been close for months. I added a new rig recently. You added a faster one. We'll see. :)

tbh I just can't wait to see how it folds. Is there anyone else her folding with a core 2, or are they just too busy overclocking them??

And fyi I'm only allowed 3 pc's so had to "break" my old p4b so I could get this. ;) :D

Last edited:
Soldato
hmmm all this conroe talk is very interesting - however I'm tempted to go for the cheap option of X2 and Asrock board for £150 all in to replace a socket A rig that is looking a bit dodgy, for the price I don't think you can really beat it (seeing as I have everything else for it already)

before that though I think I'd better have a go at clocking this one :p

Man of Honour
Yarr. I be 24th on the production list. I'll have my top-20 spot back soon enough.

It's official. 364 pointers rock, especially when my Core Duo has a two-a-day habit (774 PPD counting both cores). :D

Man of Honour
If we'd had these during the slug-out, I'd have been up there competing for the top spot. Of course, the slug-out didn't allow beta WUs (and rightfully so), so that was a non-starter anyway.

Either way, it'll give me a bit of a headstart against that Core 2 Duo, and on that front I have two more surprises which should make themselves known by the end of the week. :)

Soldato
shadowscotland said:
good luck - must business user will never exceed the proformance of a P3, it's only gamers and design/video staff that need more (but the oh look how fast windows is, factor can always be used :D )

"They're changing the way electricity works so you need a Core 2 Duo or else your PC wont run"

I would give someone a whole crate of their prefered beer if they managed to pull that off :D

SiriusB

Soldato
SiriusB said:
"They're changing the way electricity works so you need a Core 2 Duo or else your PC wont run"

I would give someone a whole crate of their prefered beer if they managed to pull that off :D

SiriusB

doubt they would EVER be able to look the guy in the eye EVER again!

Soldato
actually business in the Uk are charged differenly that domestic properties. We get charged by KwH and also on rate of power drawn from supplier. ie when at 9am all machines are turned on we get hit with an additional fee for the peak serge on top of actual KwH used :(

So a core 2 processers with very effecient (80% plus) PSU's and a limited graphic solution would be significanly cheaper to run plus minimise peak sercharge. (well cheaper that a P4 with a non PFC PSU)

Edit: will never pay for itself in money saved but still is an issue

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom