Just put my name down for one of these:-

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Cassius Clarke said:
hate to say it but I actually like the look of these (being a long term anti american car type of guy) but you just gotta have it stickered up like the general lee, only if its just for a few months (becuase everyone will prolly do the same as more come into the country)

You are aware that the General was a '69 Charger, rather than being any kind of Challenger, right? World of difference between a B-body and an E-body style car. Anyone that paints one of these up as the General needs to be shot for it.

Zip

Zip

Soldato
JRS said:
You are aware that the General was a '69 Charger, rather than being any kind of Challenger, right? World of difference between a B-body and an E-body style car. Anyone that paints one of these up as the General needs to be shot for it.

Anyone that paints anything up like General Lee needs to be shot TBH

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Zip said:
Anyone that paints anything up like General Lee needs to be shot TBH

Good:

generalleexf5.jpg

Bad:

generallee747259wi7.jpg

Associate
JRS said:

cheer up chuck, sounds like your life is full of doom and gloom, its only a bit of fun.. ... ... ... ... just imagine, it could be worse, you might have to listen to you. . . . .

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Cassius Clarke said:
cheer up chuck, sounds like your life is full of doom and gloom, its only a bit of fun.. ... ... ... ... just imagine, it could be worse, you might have to listen to you. . . . .

Heh, you're so funny :)

Associate
That looks like a bruiser! I absolutely love the way the arse curves up sharply and shows off the rear wheels and the exhaust.

How was the M5 beaten like that? It has more power and surely handles better?

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Magsy said:
How was the M5 beaten like that? It has more power and surely handles better?

Let's look at weight for a second shall we?

'05 Merc SL600 - 4429lbs
'06 BMW M5 - 4012lbs
'06 Mustang - 3613lbs

The Roush modding probably didn't add an awful lot of weight to that, and 420 ponies isn't an inconsiderable amount.

The New Ford Mustang - destroying the myth that all American cars are overweight barges one lap at a time.....:D

***edit***

Miscellaneous thoughts:

1) You suppose they'll do a Plymouth 'Cuda version, with two headlamp units rather than four and different rear lights? :)

2) Gibbo, get your Challenger in Alpine White if they offer it - pretend you're Kowalski!

Last edited:
Soldato
JRS said:
Miscellaneous thoughts:

1) You suppose they'll do a Plymouth 'Cuda version, with two headlamp units rather than four and different rear lights? :)

i thought plymouth was dead like oldsmobile :confused:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Sone said:
i thought plymouth was dead like oldsmobile :confused:

Probably is, knowing the way the wind is blowing in the American auto industry right now. And don't remind me about Oldsmobile.....why the hell they couldn't have killed off Saturn and Buick before Olds is beyond me.

If they (GM) had let Olds stick to what they were good at - big station wagons - then they'd have been fine.

Man of Honour
Gibbo, I was already jealous of you, now I just damn hate you......

Please please, give me a ride when it comes.

Ps also hope they bring out a crazy plum purple color combination (I know its purple) but it looks awesome on muscle cars.

Last edited:
Associate
JRS said:

'05 Merc SL600 - 4429lbs
'06 BMW M5 - 4012lbs
'06 Mustang - 3613lbs

The Roush modding probably didn't add an awful lot of weight to that, and 420 ponies isn't an inconsiderable amount.

The New Ford Mustang - destroying the myth that all American cars are overweight barges one lap at a time.....:D

Ahh, didn't look it up, just assumed it would be really porky! I had no idea the M5 was ~1800kg, jeez that is fat...

OcUK Staff
OP
JRS said:

'05 Merc SL600 - 4429lbs
'06 BMW M5 - 4012lbs
'06 Mustang - 3613lbs

***edit***

Miscellaneous thoughts:

2) Gibbo, get your Challenger in Alpine White if they offer it - pretend you're Kowalski!

Well the Saleen Mustang only weighs in at 3500lbs according to their site so they are either lying or they manage to trim the weight somewhat. I guess there new suspension parts, axle backs and headlight conversion is much lighter than the Stock Mustang etc. :)

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Well the Saleen Mustang only weighs in at 3500lbs according to their site so they are either lying or they manage to trim the weight somewhat. I guess there new suspension parts, axle backs and headlight conversion is much lighter than the Stock Mustang etc. :)
How does a headlight conversion drop much weight? :confused:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Gibbo said:

I expect Steve Saleen told his guys to keep the weight down :)

Man of Honour
Zip said:
American cars use more metal that a full size American aircraft. Its surprising how heavy even a head lamp bracket is. Takes two of us to lift my bonnet off. And the bumper is stupidly heavy all though 1 person can just about manage LOL

Zip

Zip

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
American cars use more metal that a full size American aircraft. Its surprising how heavy even a head lamp bracket is. Takes two of us to lift my bonnet off. And the bumper is stupidly heavy all though 1 person can just about manage LOL

Can we please get a picci of your car :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Zip said:

Standard Mustang has four very large headlights with metal/glass brackets. Saleen is a HID conversion using far lighter materials.

Saleen also does not have a rear spoiler, so again more weight savings, it all adds up, or should I say helps get the weight down.

Will be interested to find out what the new Challenger weighs that I've put my name down for. If its built like the Charger it will be very heavy, but if it is built more like modern cars then it will no doubt be pretty light. I am thinking it can't be to bad if it can cover the 1/4 mile in 13s but saying that a Mustang with 400+ BHP does it in sub 12.5s but that is aided with the live rear axle though. :)

Back
Top Bottom