Just put my name down for one of these:-

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Will be interested to find out what the new Challenger weighs that I've put my name down for. If its built like the Charger it will be very heavy, but if it is built more like modern cars then it will no doubt be pretty light. I am thinking it can't be to bad if it can cover the 1/4 mile in 13s but saying that a Mustang with 400+ BHP does it in sub 12.5s but that is aided with the live rear axle though. :)

If I remember right, the Charger is the LX platform and the Challenger is using the new LY platform which is a shortened LX. I can't see it being much heavier than the 'stang really, certainly not a lot heavier.

Soldato
JRS said:
Let's look at weight for a second shall we?
are you stupid?
everyone knows the M5 is the best 1111oneoneone(am i doing this right?)
how can it be beaten?
Clarkson says it's brilliant and it has a BMW badge on it therefore it MUST conquer all.

you can't tell me you didn't sigh at the previous post before replying mate hehe ;)

Associate
JRS said:
Heh, you're so funny :)

gee thanks, I bet your a hoot a tea parties too.

JRS said:
Let's look at weight for a second shall we?

'05 Merc SL600 - 4429lbs
'06 BMW M5 - 4012lbs
'06 Mustang - 3613lbs

no mention of non barge tyoe vehicles here, not a true sports car in sight, is that becuase your inadvertantly putting this against large cars that cant use their power or is their an alternative motive?

we are talking 2 door 4 seats so you need to add 911 and a tvr cerb to your list to name but a few, then add into the think tank "usable power" and then prices for the vehicle now and you will see its not exactly a great choice if your into speed alone (unless you drive exclusivly in a straight line) or would like to brag about your bhp on the rolling road (which in reality means nothing, surely you know that)

usable power, go google it, sounds like you'll learn somthing unless your blinded by the ghey muscle car thang, in which case enjoy.

Cass

(passing you on road or track in your muscle car when ever we meet)

JRS

JRS

Soldato
The_Dark_Side said:
you can't tell me you didn't sigh at the previous post before replying mate hehe ;)

Only slightly :) Got used to the whole "BMW uber alles" thing on here though.

***edit***

Cassius Clarke said:
no mention of non barge tyoe vehicles here, not a true sports car in sight, is that becuase your inadvertantly putting this against large cars that cant use their power or is their an alternative motive?

Actually, I just picked the M5 as that had been mentioned by the poster that I was replying to. And the SL600 had the same laptime as the M5 on the list that was posted earlier in the thread. Any more of my posts that you want to take completely out of context, please feel completely at liberty to do so.

***edit 2***

Cassius Clarke said:
(passing you on road or track in your muscle car when ever we meet)

Hehe :)

Last edited:

JRS

JRS

Soldato
The_Dark_Side said:
don't know why i even bother listening to you.
after all you only use half of your limbs to mobilise yourself.
you haven't even got 50/50 weight distribution mate.

/pff

;)

Oi! I have a great wadge of glue in my left knee right now holding the articular cartilage together! I'm fully mobile!

***edit***

Hell, I'm not even dropping a truly insane amount of painkillers any more. It was brilliant timing - just as I got my auto 'box equipped car working fully again, I went into hospital to get my clutch leg repaired.....

Associate
JRS said:
Oi! I have a great wadge of glue in my left knee right now holding the articular cartilage together! I'm fully mobile!

***edit***

Hell, I'm not even dropping a truly insane amount of painkillers any more. It was brilliant timing - just as I got my auto 'box equipped car working fully again, I went into hospital to get my clutch leg repaired.....

I also thought Humor was greatly underrated.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
The_Dark_Side said:
my mum, however, constantly tells me she's disappointed.

Eh, you win some, you lose some, you wreck some. A very wise man* once said that, died in a car crash, it was very sad.

Just to bring this thread back to the Challenger somewhat:

113993412807570challengerlime017jx0.jpg

114030907213570challengerlime052ba6.jpg

'70 Challenger T/A. 340ci small block V8 with three 2bbl carbs (2 barrels when loafing, all 6 when you want to destroy something), sorted suspension for the occasions when you come across a corner, and a lime green paintjob to blind the guy you just obliterated off the traffic lights.

If the new one is even half as good as this, it'll do just fine :)

* - Dale Earnhardt.

Associate
basically (screens cleaned now thanks dark side) we where talking about usable power, you know, the kinda thing where a 300 bhp car will kill a 450bhp car in a straight line, or on a quater mile, its all down to design layout and geometry, along with deliverance of power. If your into american cars I prolly lost you after the first open bracket.

Back
Top Bottom