Just seen the advert for the 407 coupe

Associate
It looks better than the dated 406 coupe imo. I've always thought the 406 looked too bland. They seemed to have realised this and made an effort on that part. Ufortunately the bumper is hideous spoiling a car that is very nice otherwise. I expect a facelift in <3 years.

Its 2nd fault is it doesnt look particularly athletic. I personally feel a coupe should a least try to look capable even if Peugeot's never try to compete on performance.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
why cant they produce a decent sports saloon these days?

they managed to drop a 180 bhp engine into the 206 and they have now done the same to the 307

whats up with producing a decent sporty 407?

Soldato
When I first saw he 407 coupe pictures I was not at all impressed, but having seen the adverts on TV, i was much more impressed. I think though I will reserve judgement untill I actually see one in the flesh.

Is it as nice as the 406 coupe, not sure yet.. I don't thiink so but I'll reserbe a definate judgement until later.

Associate
Not a huge resemblence but when i saw the advert i just thought:

12089.jpg

cougar_back.jpg

Soldato
Cougar looks much nicer whenb you compare them like that.

The Pug is fine from the rear and side, but as soon as you see that gaping hole of a grille at the front it spoils it all. What were they thinking.

Soldato
PeterNem said:
Cougar looks much nicer whenb you compare them like that.

The Pug is fine from the rear and side, but as soon as you see that gaping hole of a grille at the front it spoils it all. What were they thinking.

I bet there will be a major face lift for the front end in a year or two.. hopefully the silly gills will go too.

Soldato
I took the other halfs 206cc in for a service this morning and there was a 407 Coupe sat there being polished. It was black with red(?) leather. My first impression was "man that's a big car", but I have to say that it was better looking in the flesh than any of the pictures or adverts have made it look.

If I was looking to lease a £30K motor I would have one, and probably would rather have one than a BMW 3 series coupe. I'm pretty sure though that if it was my own money i would not touch one because of the amount of depreciation it will suffer.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
FTM said:
whats up with producing a decent sporty 407?

Maybe they've realised that lardy coupes driving the front wheels don't really make a good starting point for a competitor to say a 3 series coupe.

As for the looks, somewhere around the slightly odd looking girl in class who's been married for a few years, had kids and stopped taking care of herself. Definitely not my cup of tea.

Soldato
The front of it is truly awfull. It looks like a whale:( The rear is nice, but its no way in the same league as the previous model.

Back
Top Bottom