Just watched Gone in 60 Seconds....

Man of Honour
Carzy said:
What's the difference between a "movie star" and an actor?

I know it wasn't me who posted the comment but to me a movie star is someone who is a personality and a big name to 'carry' a film, it appears to be as much about the lifestyle as the end product. For instance Nicholas Cage has a couple of snakes(rattlesnakes?) and sits in his mansion with them looking at them sometimes until they bite him I have heard which strikes me as pretty odd behaviour but somehow it fits with a public perception of a movie star. A movie star doesn't have to be able to act particularly well although obviously some do.

An actor can be relatively anonymous outside of their work but they have the ability to make you believe in their character. Much as I like Con Air I can't honestly say that I believed Nicholas Cage was an ex-marine but I was prepared to go along with the story because it is good fun.

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Carzy said:
I love the way all these Nick Cage haters haven't even seen Adaptation. Oh well, your loss.

if someone's good in ONE film, that doesnt make them good. never seen it and i dislike him a lot, so i wont be either

Soldato
Sic said:
if someone's good in ONE film, that doesnt make them good. never seen it and i dislike him a lot, so i wont be either

I like him in other movies, I just think Adaptation is his best.

Back
Top Bottom