Just what the ...

Soldato
a post just came up on my Facebook for my local leisure centre stating ' the leisure centre welcomes EVERYONE' (they used uppercase) with a photo of someone with downs syndrome on a chest press machine.

Is it just me or is this a badly thought out post for a business

Soldato
Could have been worse.

Like the time NEC took a load of disabled kids (including several with Down’s Syndrome) to a Harlequin’s rugby match and gave them all NEC logo baseball caps to wear. Alas, no-one clocked the NEC strapline “Naturally Simple” embroidered in a small font underneath the NEC logo before the photos of the event appeared in the local paper...

Soldato
Could have been worse.

Like the time NEC took a load of disabled kids (including several with Down’s Syndrome) to a Harlequin’s rugby match and gave them all NEC logo baseball caps to wear. Alas, no-one clocked the NEC strapline “Naturally Simple” embroidered in a small font underneath the NEC logo before the photos of the event appeared in the local paper...
This... Made me laugh more than it should.
Oh my gosh

Associate
Most businesses have no idea about this type of stuff.

One of our competitors has a page about equal opportunities with a photograph of a black woman using a PC, aided by a white person behind them, pointing at the screen.

Unfortunately, this is where we have ended up.

Soldato
a post just came up on my Facebook for my local leisure centre stating ' the leisure centre welcomes EVERYONE' (they used uppercase) with a photo of someone with downs syndrome on a chest press machine.

Yeah it's a bit tone deaf tbh.

Should have had the dude with downs syndrome benching 150kg, then at least looks alpha af.

You feel me?

But yeah these companies are ridiculous at times. Some moron in marketing must have decided that poster was a great idea....

Associate

It's very common for leisure centres to have regular classes and groups for people with special care requirements.
They're a good way for people to make friends, have fun and exercise in a routine and structured way.

Edit: It's good for the parents and guardians too as they meet up with others that share the same life challenges.

Back
Top Bottom