Kebab meat

Sem

Sem

Soldato
OP
Gilly said:
Thats right. They don't qualify as proper chippies if they do kebabs.
Why not?

i don't like eating offal or meat that's made up of loads of different parts

i felt sick for months when i found out how sausages are made

Man of Honour
Sem said:
i don't like eating offal or meat that's made up of loads of different parts

i felt sick for months when i found out how sausages are made
:confused:

You obviously like the taste of sausages else you wouldn't have eaten them, ergo wouldn't have felt sick once you found out how they're made. You also like kebabs as you used to buy them until your mate said the meat was no good.

Whats it matter how its made? Its not going to kill you and it tastes nice.

Just eat in moderation as they're really not good for you.

Soldato
a chippy qualifies for me if it sells nice chips and fish.

if it sells nice kebab its a bonus. kebab meat and chips with garlic sauce is lovely. an if anyone is gonna be put off by what could be in kebab, then u need to consider all the other junk in most other things u eat.

if it tastes nice.. dont question its content.

im a big fan of kebab meat. its nice if its cut fresh from the rack

Nix

Nix

Soldato
For sausages - I will forgive as you can't go without them. Sausages are good. It's not a proper fry-up without them and it's not quite the same without the banger in bangers and mash.

With kebabs, you should only ever eat them when drunk and wish to sober up. Therefore, you don't realise anyway and don't worry.

Soldato
Nix said:
The second you mix - it is no longer authentic. It cannot be a "Fish n chip" shop if it sells "Fish, chips n Kebab"

I'm will Gilly on this.

or cheese patties? or beanies? or how about spam fritters.. battered mars bars...

you are talking rubbish. ive never seen a chippy that doesnt sell different things to just fish and chips

Man of Honour
Nearly every chippy around these parts of W. London does kebabs nowadays, probabaly got a lot to do with the owners who are mostly Asian/Turkish/Greek & a lot of their customers are too. Their chips are generally crap though, some even doing them frozen fries as a replacement:( One or 2 exceptions can be found though:)

Man of Honour
Hedge said:
or cheese patties? or beanies? or how about spam fritters.. battered mars bars...

you are talking rubbish. ive never seen a chippy that doesnt sell different things to just fish and chips
There are various things allowed to be sold by a fish n chip shop that means it doesn't stop being a chippy. Mushy peas, sausages, scallops, at a stretch curry sauce.

Once you are selling kebabs/pizzas/burgers/etc from an outlet it stops being a chippy and becomes a takeaway.

Associate
All the food programs ive seen on telly say that doner meat aint that bad, one did a feature on a factory in noth london and you could see waht thay were putting on the the scewer and it werent balls, brains and bones.

Suspended
JohnnyG said:
Nearly every chippy around these parts of W. London does kebabs nowadays, probabaly got a lot to do with the owners who are mostly Asian/Turkish/Greek & a lot of their customers are too. Their chips are generally crap though, some even doing them frozen fries as a replacement:( One or 2 exceptions can be found though:)

Yeah, those bags of frozen things they buy in bulk arent counted as "chips" in my book - they always taste horrible and bring my mouth out in ulcers! I mean proper fat, soft chips with salt and vinegar, wrapped in paper. For some reason the London kebabberies dont understand this.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Gilly said:
There are various things allowed to be sold by a fish n chip shop that means it doesn't stop being a chippy. Mushy peas, sausages, scallops, at a stretch curry sauce.

Once you are selling kebabs/pizzas/burgers/etc from an outlet it stops being a chippy and becomes a takeaway.

Bingo.

Hedge said:

Pasties, pies and generally anything battered is still in the scope of the fish and chip shop.

Soldato
it differs in certain cases. a lot of chipshops up here always sold fish and chips as main product.. but with kebabs available.

we also have kebab shops but they only sell pizza and kebab and the chips they do are frozen ones, because chips arent their forte.

long live kebab

Soldato
Gilly said:
There is no why. Just trust me on this, I'm from Yorkshire, I know Fish n Chips ;)

i'm from the coast, i too know decent locally caught fish and chips!

although theres a takeaway near me called the all-in-one, does pretty much most kinds of takeaway grub under the sun!

Man of Honour
I'm not saying kebabs are bad things. I love them. Could eat a mixed chicken/donner with garlic sauce without needing to be inebriated.

I'm just saying the presence of kebabs stops the outlet being a chippy. Its a takeaway.

Hate said:
i'm from the coast, i too know decent locally caught fish and chips!

although theres a takeaway near me called the all-in-one, does pretty much most kinds of takeaway grub under the sun!
No you don't, you're southern ;)

Until you've eaten Whitby fish n chips you don't know fish n chips ;)

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Only places which do proper fish and chips are Up *** north and seaside towns.

Once it's a takeaway it's not an official chippy.

Soldato
Gilly said:
I'm not saying kebabs are bad things. I love them. Could eat a mixed chicken/donner with garlic sauce without needing to be inebriated.

I'm just saying the presence of kebabs stops the outlet being a chippy. Its a takeaway.

No you don't, you're southern ;)

Until you've eaten Whitby fish n chips you don't know fish n chips ;)

whitley bay and south shields have some canny fish and chips too... and we are northern :p

Soldato
MRM is meat residue which is left on the carcass after all the prime cuts have been removed.

It is pressure-blasted off the bones by machinery and forms a reddish slurry which resembles mince.

: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1482140.stm

Jesus that makes me sick.. When i think of all those kebabs and those lovely subway meatballs.. My insides must look like something real nasty.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
TBH 'those' subways meatballs are good no matter what.

Reclaimed meat finds its way into a lot of sandwich meat too - read the packets.

Back
Top Bottom