Kebab meat

Soldato
Sem said:
does anyone know exactly what kind of meat it is

is it proper meat or is all the bad parts/guts put in a blender or something

Disgusting its what it is, it looks like brown chewing gum, come over to Greece and have a nice souvlaki if you want proper stuff, not this garbage!

Soldato
pyro said:
Disgusting its what it is, it looks like brown chewing gum, come over to Greece and have a nice souvlaki if you want proper stuff, not this garbage!

Awwwwww mate, they are the mose delicious snacks ever.

I miss them sooooooo much, i lived on them while i was on holiday :D

Man of Honour
Gilly is correct. Chip shops sell chips, fish, pies, pasties, savaloys, sausage rolls. Some may even do belly pork, faggots - that sort of thing. Pizzas? Kebabs? No! They cease being chip shops and become fast food/takeaway outlets.

But I do like a kebab and I don't give a flying one about what's in it.

Soldato
It showed kebab meat being made on Gordon Ramsey's the f word TV show and they were removing the meat by hand, there was no eyeballs nails etc in sight. The guy who was being shown around the factory was a food critic who is picky about meat and he was impressed and said it was good meat and nothing like he thought it would be like. I like kebabs every now and again but mainly have chicken tikka kebabs with loads of chilli sauce.

Mark

Soldato
I think a chippy CAN have a kebab on the go and still be a chippy, as long as it's discreet, in the corner and not the predominant product. A chippy kebab is always served in chip-paper, and the chips will still be chippy chips.

It's when the kebab is served in a polystyrene box, with crap, thin "fries", and the menu is a large, backlit display, that it ceases to be a "Chip-oyal"

Suspended
ElvisFan said:
I think a chippy CAN have a kebab on the go and still be a chippy, as long as it's discreet, in the corner and not the predominant product. A chippy kebab is always served in chip-paper, and the chips will still be chippy chips.

It's when the kebab is served in a polystyrene box, with crap, thin "fries", and the menu is a large, backlit display, that it ceases to be a "Chip-oyal"

Hehe, yeah, a big yellow electric display. And no wooden forks in sight!

As you say, the old Elephants Leg can be discreet, as long as its not advertised as "KEBAB'S!!11" outside then its still very much a chip shop.

Suspended
depends on where you get the kebab from and what type of kebab it is, the kebabs i eat are seekh kebabs, proper meat, with no added crap, cooked slowly on a charcoal grill, but donner kebabs is just overheated **** in a naan bread, stay well clear of them!

Soldato
nah up north they do them in naan's as well.

pretty much all chipshops are crap these days. that's a fact. there are a few around that are bloody lovely though. There's one near me though i cant remember what its called.

Curries - bloody lovely for the record.
There are a lot of different varieties of curries and probably half of them don't contain any meat. You don't strike me as the sort of person that 'tried it once and didn't like it' either.
Well said. although its not really a curry, Sag aloo. Oh my word i love spinach. That or chicken sag / sagwala. Lovely stuff

Kebabs? i'll only eat chicken kebabs now. And only if its not reformed crap. THere's only one kebab house i know of round here that uses fresh chicken pieces and that place rules!.

Soldato
Gilly is 100% correct on all counts (Well most apart from the Curry one. Heathen)

The definitions of a Chippy and a Take away are clear. Best Chippies are from the Northern part of the country. Proper spuds chipped and fried. Fish done in proper batter with dripping in it.

Some fantastic Chippies on the North Wales coast, Conwy and Hollyhead in particular. I can recommend A crackin chippy in Walker Dean, Newcastle on par with anything in The Yorkshire area of the country

Man of Honour
Psyk said:
Anyone know of any proper chippies in Bristol? Preferably round the clifton area. All the places I know are the all in one chips, burgers, kebabs, chicken, pizza etc. Which is ok but sometimes I want proper chips. I've been looking round but I can't find anything you could classify as a proper chippie.

Fishers fish and chips on whitelaides road on the way up to stoke bishop. Quite a treck from Clifton, but its what you are describing :)

Nothing on posh fish ;) ( :eek: )

Man of Honour
Even before I stopped eating meat I never ever fancied a kebab; now, if I ever find myself in a late night takeaway just looking at the kebab meat makes me feel quite unwell. I just imagine them cutting into it and a snout being exposed with fat oozing from a nostril, a hairy hoof or tasty eyelid. Yummy.

Margherita pizza or a bag of chips for me please. :p

Man of Honour
Ugley_Matt said:
But should you have gravy on chips?
Chips and gravy is OK every now and again, but you can't have it if you're having fish as well.

If its not gravy it is just salt, maybe with a little bit of vinegar. Nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom