Keeping dust out of a case

Associate
Hi, one of the things which bugs me more than anything is having to de-dust my computer. I'm building a new PC, and intend to purchase a new case.

I'm interested in knowing if anyone here has any tips for keeping that pesky dust outside of the case.

I've seen dust filters sold for fans, do they work?
I've also heard suggestions that having more intake fans than outtake fans helps push dust out.

Can anyone reccomend any cases that I can get for under £50 that are good for air flow and if possible keeping it dust free?

Associate
I use a air brush to clean my pc out every 2 weeks. Basicly its a airbrush as always for painting but theres no paint or water in it so wont cause damage. Blows everything out perfectly just need a hover and the brush and all the dust is gone. And yes i got dust filters tobut dust will always get in still just if you blow it out then it wont build up and get harde to remove.

Soldato
Hoover your room every week - will makes a bigger differance then filters.
but as other's have said lifting it off the floor (even by a few cm's will make a differance)
as will using lower rmp fans or high rmp's and positive pressure

Or go passive - never needed to dust mine

Associate
Hoover your room every week - will makes a bigger differance then filters.
but as other's have said lifting it off the floor (even by a few cm's will make a differance)
as will using lower rmp fans or high rmp's and positive pressure

Or go passive - never needed to dust mine

I was going to say keep the PC's environment dust free by regular dusting and vacuuming - but got beaten to it.

I vacuum the area around my PC only once or twice per year and the thing is filthy inside. Don't do as I do, do as I say.

Associate
I use these ACR filters in my Antec 300 and they work a treat. I have two on the front (fan grills removed / cut out) and one on the side panel (even though I don't use a side fan).

Considering I have wooden floors, and the fact that I hoover a lot, it's surprising how much dust they catch (even through the front filter that comes with the 300 case).

I usually just give them a brush every couple of weeks...and my case is spotless inside.

4032155728_3aa81557ca.jpg

The Antec 300 is a great case btw and there are many others that recommend it :)

Back
Top Bottom