1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kele Okereke (Bloc Party) solo album - listen to first single

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by IceBus, 11 May 2010.

1. IceBus

Sgarrista

Kele Okereke, lead singer of Bloc Party, is bringing out his first solo album this summer.

You can hear the first cut from the album, Tenderoni here:http://www.myspace.com/iamkele

I think it's pretty decent - a lot more electronic than early Bloc Party, and also a bit poppier. I'll be really interested to hear the rest of the album, and what the next Bloc Party album is like.

2. Maccy

Commissario

I can't say I like it, and it doesn't sound as though it's been produced very well either. Perhaps that's the compression in quality from MySpace though?

3. IceBus

Sgarrista

Anybody else? Thoughts/comments?

4. Quint

Wise Guy

Sounds alright.

5. Slashiem

Wise Guy

To me the standard the electro/house affair (which i like), but seems a fair bit different from the mainstream rubbish so im all for it.

6. aslco

Mobster

like it

7. titchard

Soldato

I like it - rather good! You can tell this kind of sound was coming into Bloc Party themselves over the last two albums anyway, especially the last.

Stuck it on my wishlist at Amazon, will be buying this for a good listen - it's got me nodding my head along to it at 0725 before the gym, that's a good sign of an album if it interests me this early!

Rich

8. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

This thread needs a bump as this is an awesome tune...eagerly awaiting the album!

9. Kristoph

Sgarrista

lmao, youtube comment:

NEXT THING SHE'S WEARING MY ROLEX!

I like the track and it's growing on me, but it's not blowing me away. Maybe a good dubstep remix is needed.

10. Adsta

Soldato

mmm I prefered the early Bloc Party stuff tbh.

Silent Alarm is by far there best album (imo) and sounds far from this. So this gets a thumbs down from me :(

Wish they would go back to their roots tbh but meh prob not gunna happen.