1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Key fob reprogramming? Good Price?

Discussion in 'Motors' started by Phate, 16 Apr 2010.

1. Phate

Caporegime

Hi guys,

Need a key fob programmed to my car, last one decided to....stop working. I've found a place in Southend called R H Bright Ltd who have quoted me £45 to reporgramme an existing fob (I've got a spare one from the MG) but thats not a guarantee, however for £85 they can supply a new key and programme it and have promised it'll work.

This sound like a good price? worth ringing round for a cheaper one? or is this 'about right'?

Anyone know of anyone good? as local to Brentwood, Essex as poss :)

Many Thanks,
    Jake

Last edited: 16 Apr 2010
  2. agw_01

Capodecina

This on the Coupe?

Pesky things those Rover fobs. Had both fobs stop responding on my first 214 :confused:

Lift the passenger carpet and check the connections to the ECU.

You have tried unlocking the car with the key and pressing the lock button 4 times on the fob? Also, do you still have the little card with the EKA code? That should at least allow you to start and drive the car.

A few places you may want to have a look at...

http://www.alarmremotes.co.uk/new_page_4.htm

http://www.remotekey.co.uk/cars/rover/

3. Phate

Caporegime

Yeh it's on the coupe mate.

It's under the passenger carpet, ok I'll check when I get in, and yep tried the 4 button thing, remember you saying about it before, and yeh I do somewhere...have to have a dig out, the eka code is where you turn the key certain directions a certain amount of times isn't it?

4. agw_01

Capodecina

Yep, that's it.

It'll still arm the alarm/immob, but you'll look like a peasant having to use the key :p :D

5. !bluetonic!

Mobster

When I had my Corsa, one lock/immobiliser blipper stopped working when I was too forceful trying to get the battery out.

I bought a 2nd hand Corsa C key on an auction site and also the Vauxhall talk-to-car software and usb dongle. I was able to reprogram the 2nd hand fob with this. The blade stayed the same.

For the Saab, it cost £95 for a replacement key, fob and programming to car.