keyboard warriors unite against steam hackers

Associate
OP
update

informed anyone on lewis account as friend that I could access that he had been hijacked

Account has been returned ,please if anyone hasnt done so , go and link your email to your account ,2 mins work and the account is more secure
Lewis wont be getting to know his new password but has learned a lesson about tinternet ,its full of tossers ,present company excluded

Dave
:D:D:D:D

Associate
I got a pm through steam last night from a bloke wearing a known (to me!) clan tag, who wasnt on my friends list, offering me a link to just such a website.

Thing is I wouldnt have thought someone from this clan would do that, maybe his account got hacked and then they use his name to spread the messages.

Associate
My friends steam account got hacked 1 WEEK before going to LAN.

Fell for the same trick - entered his details into a steam look-a-like site. He submitted the relevent photos etc. Steam took 5 days for they to get his account back to him. Literally 2 days before we were going to LAN lol.

Another guy who occasionaly plays with us got his account banned for something unusual.....

He logged on one day to see that someone had sent him a game as a gift through steam. So he downloaded said game and all was fine until....about 2 days later, he went to login to steam and found it had been banned. Raised a ticket to steam, only to find out that his accoutn had been banned because the game he had been sent with a gift had been bought using a stolen credit card. The credit card company had taken back all purchases made fradulently which left Steam with no money for this game. Because it was associated to his account, they banned it.

The poor chap had a 5 digit SteamID. So he obviously wanted this back. We all tried everything to allow steam to have it back, even offering to pay for said game. But they just kept coming back advising that it states in thier Terms and Conditions never to accept a game gift from someone you dont know, incase it is fraud.

Just be aware!

Back
Top Bottom