Keytips appearing in excel when I press =

Associate
A weird and highly disruptive thing has just started to happen, and I've searched for the last hour for how to fix it, to no avail.

When I type = into a cell in Excel (quite an important part of Excel) the keytips appear (the little black boxes hovering over the ribbon / quick access that lets you then type F to bring up the file menu etc. i.e. the same thing that happens when you press Alt).

I've tried everything, restarting Excel, restarting Windows, nothing worked, until it suddenly did. I somehow fixed it, but have no idea how I did, or how it started happening in the first place. = is such an important thing to type in Excel, I don't ever want this to happen again. Does anyone know how it started in the first place? I had thought I had fixed it by pressing F10, but pressing it again hasn't made it go back to the original problem, so still none the wiser.

Soldato
Isn't this something to do with scroll lock or num lock toggle? I've seen this before and seem to remember it being something like that...

Edit: tried at work and no dice... tried ctrl+alt? Sorry I can't remember how I fixed this before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom