Kids in cinemas

Associate
I saw Superman yesterday, and, quite frankly, it was ruined by kids & parents talking all the way through it :(

Surely people have a right to go to the cinema and expect the audience to be quiet, including mobiles turned off and kids kept quiet???? Is that an unreasonable thing to ask for? If you know your kids can't keep quiet & not scream in a cinema for 2 hours, then don't take them ffs!!!! Don't ruin it for everyone else!

Grrrr

Associate
Samtheman1k said:
Surely people have a right to go to the cinema and expect the audience to be quiet, including mobiles turned off and kids kept quiet???? Is that an unreasonable thing to ask for?

Nope, it's not too much to ask. People just don't give a damn nowadays though, as long as they're ok then all is good with the World.

This is the reason that I do to the cinema early on saturdays or sundays, the place is almost empty.

Soldato
The cinema sucks, for this very reason. I would rather wait until the movies came out on DVD, to enjoy them.

I believe you can complain about the noise in the cinema and have the people responsible removed.

Fa-

Fa-

Associate
ahh, bit hard to do, kids are kids, and they will ack liek kids.

BUT... i love going to the cinema...and i hate kids :D... so, best to go to a late showing, and i think kids under a certain age shouldnt be able to go to the later showings... and also, there should be strickter rules to noisy teenagers and knobs.

Soldato
Indeed, what on earth possesses a parent to take a kid out in public if it cannot behave. It's bad enough in a restaurant or on public transport (or god forbid the seat next to you on an 8 hour flight), but the cinema is just rediculous.

Yes, there are probably the odd few young kids who will keep quiet, but the rest either scream all the way through the film or keep asking their parents what is going on.

FFS keep them at home until they are able to go 2 hours without opening their mouths.

1/2/3/4/5 year olds are too young for long haul flights imho and won't really remember it much when they're older. Save your cash and have a few holidays at home until they're older.

Associate
does my head in. last time i went (to see over the hedge hou so i brought it on myself maybe!) there was a load of exchange students, spanish i think, These guys were all well into their teens. The were chatting all the way thru the film. When I saw them all in the foyer I knew they would be in the same showing just had a feeling :(
They had some guy with them in the foyer who was obviously in charge, he wasnt in the screen with them though. When we all left he was outside waiting for them, so I had a word. Not that it made any diff I am sure :rolleyes:

Tru

Tru

Soldato
I will always go to the cinema on a week night and there's never any grotty little brats to ruin the film.

Kids are easily excitable and it's a bit much to expect them to sit in perfect silence for 2 hours, try going to a later showing.

Permabanned
I try and go in the day time when the kids are still in school..
Now they are on their little summer break though :mad:

Evening cinema > everything.

Associate
Kids dont bother me nearly as much as people who try and cram as much popcorn and sweets into their fat faces while the film is on.

Its not the eating that bothers me its the amount of niose that they seem to insist on making do to it. Surely by now they could figured out a way to sell stuff without wrappers.

What the hell is wrong with people that they cant sit in a cinema for a whole two hours without munching away on rubbish?

Soldato
daveyj27 said:
Nope, it's not too much to ask. People just don't give a damn nowadays though, as long as they're ok then all is good with the World.

This is the reason that I do to the cinema early on saturdays or sundays, the place is almost empty.

Yeah, thats why I love being a student as I can go between lectures or in the day. No screaming kids.

Rich

Permabanned
I never understand this..

Did you ask them to keep the noise down? Or did you just wait until you was back at your PC to talk about it.

I've lost count of the amount of times I've turned to someone and said

"excuse me mate, you couldn't just keep it down a bit?" and they've remained quiet the rest of the film. Or if they're sitting far away, shouting, throwing stuff, just asking a member of staff to see to them.

Why do people sit there and let the film get ruined, if you sit in silence and not let them know they're disturbing you, how do you expect them to pipe down?

Soldato
PeterNem said:
Indeed, what on earth possesses a parent to take a kid out in public if it cannot behave. It's bad enough in a restaurant or on public transport (or god forbid the seat next to you on an 8 hour flight), but the cinema is just rediculous.

Yes, there are probably the odd few young kids who will keep quiet, but the rest either scream all the way through the film or keep asking their parents what is going on.

FFS keep them at home until they are able to go 2 hours without opening their mouths.

1/2/3/4/5 year olds are too young for long haul flights imho and won't really remember it much when they're older. Save your cash and have a few holidays at home until they're older.

Roll on when you have a child then mate.

Obviously you forgoet when you were a kid then, im sure you embarrased your parents on more than one occassion, that of course is generalised at all of the moaners in here.

A child can be fine when you go out - then, for whatever reason go into a strop (bit like a bird really).

To say parents should put their lives on hold until the child can behave is just mental.

Get a grip and come back when you've all got a grip on reality and life yourself.

I agree that you should be able to watch something with a modicum of quietness in a cinema, but at the end of the day kids will be kids and they will chatter.

Go watch adult films instead of kids films if you don't want them around or go to a later night showing where they will be in bed.

Nuff said.

Soldato
went to see Ice Age with an animation student freind of mine (she likes these kinds of movie) and all the way though there was three little kids running around the cinima SCREAMING the whole time.
there was some attendant in the room the whole time who did NOTHING.
totaly ruined the film for me.

Soldato
Couldn't give a toss, kids are having a good time, parents are having a good time, and usually I am having a good time because if the film is decent I can concentrate on that, if it isn't decent, well it's the film's fault for being crap in that it loses my attention to what some children are talking about.

It if consistently annoys you, use your head and go to a weekday or late night showing, or buy the DVD when it comes out, costs the same anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom