Kids in cinemas

Soldato
Samtheman1k said:
Some people can be really good. Some many just don't give a ****! I guess some people just think that as long as they and their kids are ok, who cares about everyone else????? I realise that this isn't everyone though...

I agree - it's wrong for people to have that attitude.

Samtheman1k said:
I think this comes down to individual situations...Outside, in restaurants, shopping centres, trains & planes etc., you expect kids to be there, and you expect that, sometimes, kids play up and make noise. That's not a problem. I wouldn't ever expect parents to put their lives on hold and never leave the house to bring up kids. But in a cinema, you are generally expected to sit down and be quiet. I don't believe that as a paying customer it is unreasonable to expect an atmosphere where I can enjoy the film, not listen to the constant jabbering of people (whether kids or adults).

Again, i agree.

Samtheman1k said:
There needs to be a compromise surely?

This is the problem i can see....in this thread (especially from Basmic) there just isn't.

I only hope he doesn't have kids as they'll go stir crazy being locked up i the house. :D

Associate
TBH i find the young kids arent too bad (as long as they arent crying through the whole film, because talking..etc occasionally isnt distracting). What really annoys me is the youngish teens 12-15 mainly, who think it is cool to talk/swear/throw popcorn/run around the cinema during a showing. I had Xmen3 and Da Vinci code ruined by people doing all the above (though da vinci code couldnt get much worse..).

Permabanned
mightynimrod said:
As it happens, I was 95% a quiet, angelic child. If you don't believe me, you're more than welcome to ask either of my parents - in the unlikely event that you meant them.

Are you the type who would (or does?) let your children play around the neighbourhood causing mayhem, not giving a hoot where they are?

It would seem you think people enjoy sharing your children's company. When some of us, such as myself, could happily live without their existance.

What grinds me is hearing kids screaming and running riot in the supermarket. Why do their parents not stop this behaviour? Do they believe the supermarket is a free playground?
Tru said:
Aye very good, but some of us have genes worth passing on.
I'm guessing you're not amongst "us" then.

Soldato
basmic said:
What grinds me is hearing kids screaming and running riot in the supermarket. Why do their parents not stop this behaviour? Do they believe the supermarket is a free playground?I'm guessing you're not amongst "us" then.

It ruins the experience of picking up a packet of Sainsbury's Taste The Difference Cumberland Chipolata sausages every time. :(

Soldato
basmic said:
As it happens, I was 95% a quiet, angelic child. If you don't believe me, you're more than welcome to ask either of my parents - in the unlikely event that you meant them.

So the other 5% you were a little ****????
This really could apply to lots of the kids, unless you live in a "rough" area where the parents don't give a toss.
Maybe thats what is wrong with you.???

basmic said:
Are you the type who would (or does?) let your children play around the neighbourhood causing mayhem, not giving a hoot where they are?

Yet again, you haven't read what i posted have you......you really are an immature 26 year old.
*Read above comment*

basmic said:
It would seem you think people enjoy sharing your children's company. When some of us, such as myself, could happily live without their existance.

I'm sure some of your neighbours/realtives would've said the same about you....

Basmic, get a grip, get off your high horse and calm down!

basmic said:
What grinds me is hearing kids screaming and running riot in the supermarket. Why do their parents not stop this behaviour? Do they believe the supermarket is a free playground?I'm guessing you're not amongst "us" then.

Yes, i agree it grinds me when kids run riot in a supermarket, or wherever. But you have to face facts, people have to eat and not everyone has the luxury of parents help.

This is really going off topic now and just into a shooting match between us.

Lets just shut the **** up now and agree to disagree.

Before you reply with any more of your nonsense let me refresh you with my previous post.......Please read it this time

mightynimrod said:
Neither me or the missus put anything in front of taking care of my son, granted there are parents out there that do put their friday night out before looking after the kids....i disagree strongly with that.

The fact that there are so many parents that take their kids to the pictures yet do nothing when the child is misbehaving is downright rude.

The argument that started here is that kids shouldnt be allowed to go to the cinema due to them talking/crisp packet rustling.

My son is very, very good (he's 4 in october) but i haven't and wouldn't take him to the cinema until i know that he will be fully attentive of the film i take him to see, because at the end of the day, he's still a very young child and would probably get bored with just sitting down for nearly 2 hours.

We do however take him to restaurants, and sometimes he moans, sometimes he doesn't - i will not put mine or my partners life on hold because of this.

Would you want all parents to be hermits????

The child needs an interactive social life with all age groups in order for it to be a fully rounded person when growing up.

This you will understand will become clear the moment you have kids.

You can start to enjoy their company from (my opinion) 3 years old and onwards as they comprehend things a lot better, and because of this, we take him to as many places we can so he can enjoy his life.

Our life was put on hold when he was born - i've no problem with this, as we chose to bring him into this world.....even now though, you can count the number of times i go out with the lads on a bender in a year on one hand, this is the same with my partner.

Im very proud of my son, his manners are impeccable for a 3 year old, i capture a flag on BF2 for him and he says with a big smile on his face "thankyou daddy"

I think the problem here is:

a, Adults going to see a childs film and not expecting childish behaviour
b, parenting skills keeping in mind other peoples enjoyment
c, intolerance of adults/teenage scrotes without kids.

I've done it before in shops when he's kicked off - whisked him straight into my arms with him screaming and taken him and sat in the car while the missus finishes off paying/ordering whatever she's doing, all the time he's letting his tantrum get out of his system.

I don't for a minute think that you've not had a tantrum as a child, despite what you've said.

Yes, on the whole my son is very good, but trust me.......he has his moments

Last edited:
Permabanned
mightynimrod said:
So the other 5% you were a little ****????
This really could apply to lots of the kids, unless you live in a "rough" area where the parents don't give a toss.
Maybe thats what is wrong with you.???
Compared to most kids, I was little trouble. About the worst I got was taking things to pieces, and arguing with my sister.

I can honestly say, that I don't recall a single moment of making a nuisance of myself in the neighbourhood.
mightynimrod said:
Yet again, you haven't read what i posted have you......you really are an immature 26 year old.
*Read above comment*
Why should I read anything you say, when you can't even be bothered to get my age right?
mightynimrod said:
I'm sure some of your neighbours/realtives would've said the same about you....
Maybe be cousin whose nose I bust when I was young, but the last time we spoke we were quite relaxed and natural.
mightynimrod said:
Basmic, get a grip, get off your high horse and calm down!
I'm not on a high horse. I am stating exactly what I think, quite calmly.
mightynimrod said:
Yes, i agree it grinds me when kids run riot in a supermarket, or wherever. But you have to face facts, people have to eat and not everyone has the luxury of parents help.
I'd prefer to choose what I have to eat, without other people's children under my feet, screaming and/or spitting their dummy.
mightynimrod said:
This is really going off topic now and just into a shooting match between us.

Lets just shut the **** up now and agree to disagree.
You can do that, but I won't be compromising my thoughts, on your say so.
mightynimrod said:
Before you reply with any more of your nonsense let me refresh you with my previous post.......Please read it this time
I already read it.

My main point within this thread, is why should I have to put up with other people's brats? Their parents will whinge when they are murdered or whatever, for annoying Mr Wrong. If the child is killed, I'm sure we'll all hear the "oh s/he was a lovely child, wouldn't hurt a fly. All the neighbours knew and loved him/her" sob story. When in actual fact, he was a complete pain.

Soldato
basmic said:
Compared to most kids, I was little trouble. About the worst I got was taking things to pieces, and arguing with my sister.

Compared to most kids????? Have you met most kids then???

Seemingly you hang around with them if your such a child expert.

basmic said:
I can honestly say, that I don't recall a single moment of making a nuisance of myself in the neighbourhood.

You must've been indoors a lot then as a child - Kids DO make a nuisance of themselves.....you aren't going to know if your annoying someone are you!

basmic said:
Why should I read anything you say, when you can't even be bothered to get my age right?

What has my not getting your age right got to do with reading what i originally posted?
I figured i'd "up" your age to 26 seeing as your b'day is in Oct but the content of your replies suggests your really a lot younger mentally....my mistake!

basmic said:
Maybe be cousin whose nose I bust when I was young, but the last time we spoke we were quite relaxed and natural..

Why would it be unnatural???? Hmmmmmm?????
I'm sure he wasn't pleased at the time, nor was your auntie.....Angel, i don't think so....put your halo down now!

basmic said:
I'm not on a high horse. I am stating exactly what I think, quite calmly

You might be stating what you think quite calmly - however your posts are irrational for someone your age, your stating that you want the places you visit to yourself - god help your offspring, thats all i can say!

basmic said:
I'd prefer to choose what I have to eat, without other people's children under my feet, screaming and/or spitting their dummy.

I'm sure the parents wouldn't want a stuck up idiot annoying them while theyre trying to calm their bored child down - tutting and huffing and puffing.
In fact

Do you think the same about OAP's then blocking the aisles with their trolleys or walking slowly???
Bet you do based on what youve posted so far that annoys you!

You could always go shopping later on.....that would sort out your annoyances......after all, would you go to the post office on pension day - actually you probably would just so you could post about how annoyed you were that all these alod people were in your way.

I suggest you check this thread out http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17602196

basmic said:
You can do that, but I won't be compromising my thoughts, on your say so.

Please yourself, you wont get very far socially with an attitude like the one you have.

basmic said:
I already read it.

My main point within this thread, is why should I have to put up with other people's brats? Their parents will whinge when they are murdered or whatever, for annoying Mr Wrong. If the child is killed, I'm sure we'll all hear the "oh s/he was a lovely child, wouldn't hurt a fly. All the neighbours knew and loved him/her" sob story. When in actual fact, he was a complete pain.

Good god......have you actually read what your actually posting?
So,so extreme and so immature.

If you had children then i can 100% tell you that you wouldn't entertain the thought of someones child being murdered - your post suggests that you condone it.

Your very narrow minded, your posts suggest that all children are mis-behaved and the parents are all fag smoking, beer swilling oafs that don't keep their children in check....wherever they might be.

How far from the truth are you!

Tru

Tru

Soldato
basmic said:
Some of us don't sit at our computer all day, looking for posts to reply to.

I actually go out of the house, and leave the OcUK forums - shock...horror!

Well we agree on something at least, I find a good long walk helps me calm down and come up with a witty retort, too. :)

Permabanned
mightynimrod said:
Compared to most kids????? Have you met most kids then???

Seemingly you hang around with them if your such a child expert.
mightynimrod said:
I have never claimed to be an expert of children.
Most kids get up people's noses. The rest, that don't, I hold resepct for.
mightynimrod said:
You must've been indoors a lot then as a child - Kids DO make a nuisance of themselves.....you aren't going to know if your annoying someone are you!
You don't need to tell me kids make a nuisance of themselves. Most people can already tell you that.
mightynimrod said:
What has my not getting your age right got to do with reading what i originally posted?
I figured i'd "up" your age to 26 seeing as your b'day is in Oct but the content of your replies suggests your really a lot younger mentally....my mistake!
Well if I'm so 'young', how did you manage to mistake me for being older?
mightynimrod said:
Why would it be unnatural???? Hmmmmmm?????
I'm sure he wasn't pleased at the time, nor was your auntie.....Angel, i don't think so....put your halo down now!
Never claimed to be an angel. Just said that comapred to most kids, I was little trouble.
mightynimrod said:
You might be stating what you think quite calmly - however your posts are irrational for someone your age, your stating that you want the places you visit to yourself - god help your offspring, thats all i can say!
I won't have any offspring, trust me. At least not consciously.
mightynimrod said:
I'm sure the parents wouldn't want a stuck up idiot annoying them while theyre trying to calm their bored child down - tutting and huffing and puffing.
Well maybe if they kept their kids under control, they wouldn't receive any unwanted behaviour.
mightynimrod said:
In fact

Do you think the same about OAP's then blocking the aisles with their trolleys or walking slowly???
I used to. I said "excuse me" in a slightly-above normal volume voice. Then again, louder still. If they don't move or acknowledge me after that point, I make my own way past them. Problem solved.
mightynimrod said:
Bet you do based on what youve posted so far that annoys you!

You could always go shopping later on.....that would sort out your annoyances......after all, would you go to the post office on pension day - actually you probably would just so you could post about how annoyed you were that all these alod people were in your way.
Why should I base my schedule around other people? Why shouldn't I be able to go the supermarket at 9am, 12pm, 3pm, or 6pm without having kids under my feet?
mightynimrod said:
I would never tell a parent what they should be doing with their children, when I don't have much experience of them myself.
mightynimrod said:
Please yourself, you wont get very far socially with an attitude like the one you have.
And how far would I get with a nice attitude, in this world?

Sometimes you have to be cruel, to be kind.
mightynimrod said:
Good god......have you actually read what your actually posting?
So,so extreme and so immature.

If you had children then i can 100% tell you that you wouldn't entertain the thought of someones child being murdered - your post suggests that you condone it.

Your very narrow minded, your posts suggest that all children are mis-behaved and the parents are all fag smoking, beer swilling oafs that don't keep their children in check....wherever they might be.

How far from the truth are you!
Perhaps my post about children being murdered was too far. But my point was that they were still little turds, before being killed.

Deaths makes people say things to make themselves feel better.

At the end of the day, your children are your own. You wanted them, so put up with them. I don't want to put up with them, so don't force it upon me.

Soldato
It is a funny subject.

I think of McDonalds, I think Chav hangout. But some McDonalds are the sweet child hangout places I used to remember when I was a kid.

Ofc you can't tell from the outside, so ofc I walk into it, swearing my head off sometimes, laughing with friends, only to look around to see annoyed parents everywhere.

What do I do? Curb my swearing, to fit the "norm" of the behaviour restrictions in the place.

Ofc Chavs wouldn't bother with that.

At the same time though, go into a cinema to watch any film, and if there are kids, parents etc you will be assaulted by screaming and shouting for two hours of film.

If the parents do nothing, I could simply take the action to tell the kids to shut the **** up. Its not polite, its not PC in the slightest - but at the same time, the adult could have told their own kid to keep it down in a far nicer tone.

But they decided to do nothing.

Can't have it both ways.

Now, being the mild mannered keyboard warrior that I am, I would never tell a kid to shut the **** up, I actually like kids (in moderation). But, I am not the only one in the cinema, and I am not the norm. You can guarantee that there will be some Chavs in some cinemas you take your kids to.

And they, I guarantee you, will *not* care about you, your kids, or anything else.

So my advice is, keep your kids under control, because even though people like me may tolerate it, you don't *know* that someone else won't say something. And believe me, the world contains all sorts of people.

Just a thought.

Soldato
basmic said:
Most kids get up people's noses. The rest, that don't, I hold resepct for.

You hold respect for kids? I for one don't.......kids don't know the meaning of the word respect when theyre young, it has to be taught.
Kids will behave themselves sometimes, others they wont.....FACT!
Don't comment on that point as you stated you were no expert of kids (strange that you have an opinion on them really and how they behave)

basmic said:
You don't need to tell me kids make a nuisance of themselves.Most people can already tell you that

Sorry i thought you needed a lesson, it seems that you "didn't know" that kids make a nuisance of themselves....some of them in a slight way, others rather badly.
They annoy me too but i am of course much more tolerant.

basmic said:
Well if I'm so 'young', how did you manage to mistake me for being older?

Went into your user profile to see if your posts justified your age i.e 16
Got your D.O.B from that - certainly not from your posting content.

basmic said:
Never claimed to be an angel. Just said that comapred to most kids, I was little trouble.

This is, of course from your point of view......and seeing how you've never met "most kids" how can you state that??

basmic said:
I won't have any offspring, trust me. At least not consciously.

Then you've done something right at least.

basmic said:
Well maybe if they kept their kids under control, they wouldn't receive any unwanted behaviour.

Why should they make excuses for their children....you can be a bloody good parent but the kid will still play up.
Ask your parents about your temper tantrums when you were 3 years old.

Don't come back with an answer how you didn't have any because all children do FACT!

basmic said:
I used to. I said "excuse me" in a slightly-above normal volume voice. Then again, louder still. If they don't move or acknowledge me after that point, I make my own way past them. Problem solved.

Well aren't you just a gentleman???

basmic said:
Why should I base my schedule around other people? Why shouldn't I be able to go the supermarket at 9am, 12pm, 3pm, or 6pm without having kids under my feet?

On that same token, why should the parent alter their schedule for you?
If it means taking the child to the supermarket, then fine - you don't own the aisles.
It's what makes the world go round......now spell it with me basmic... T...O...L...E...R...A...N...C...E

basmic said:
I would never tell a parent what they should be doing with their children, when I don't have much experience of them myself.

Well you seem to be doing a good job telling me and every other parent what to do regarding taking their children outdoors.

basmic said:
And how far would I get with a nice attitude, in this world?

Sometimes you have to be cruel, to be kind.

A lot further than with the "GET OUT OF MY WAY" one that you have at the moment here.

Does that mean if you were annoying me, i could be cruel to you?

Yet again basmic.....T...O...L...E...R...A...N...C...E.

basmic said:
Perhaps my post about children being murdered was too far. But my point was that they were still little turds, before being killed.

Deaths makes people say things to make themselves feel better.

At the end of the day, your children are your own. You wanted them, so put up with them. I don't want to put up with them, so don't force it upon me.

Damn right it was too far, your posts regarding yourself and your behaviour suggest you have respect.

NO YOU BLOODY DON'T!

Yes i wanted my child as you parents wanted you.....i WILL however take my son out wherever i choose to go, i only hope i meet you if that occurs and your in one of your strops about kids being in supermarket/shop.

I'm not going to post any more in here, as it's quite clear that you are a selfish immature person that only thinks that the world is for them.

I wonder what Spie would make of these posts from you .....???

Soldato
Kids are kids, they have a laugh, make a mess and are noisy. But they are happy and having fun. When you realise that people are just having a laugh and they are not actually causing you any harm, then you can chill out and nothing bothers you. Being uptight about kids running about and having a laugh will not stop them, it just stresses you out.

Permabanned
mightynimrod said:
You hold respect for kids? I for one don't.......kids don't know the meaning of the word respect when theyre young, it has to be taught.
Kids will behave themselves sometimes, others they wont.....FACT!
Don't comment on that point as you stated you were no expert of kids (strange that you have an opinion on them really and how they behave)
I hold resepct for ones who have the decency to behave. It get little more than that.
mightynimrod said:
Sorry i thought you needed a lesson, it seems that you "didn't know" that kids make a nuisance of themselves....some of them in a slight way, others rather badly.
They annoy me too but i am of course much more tolerant.
You won't be first, nor the last, to think I need a lesson. But it's a cruel, old world.
mightynimrod said:
Went into your user profile to see if your posts justified your age i.e 16
Got your D.O.B from that - certainly not from your posting content.
Well my postcount is in the region of 8-9K, so God help us.
mightynimrod said:
This is, of course from your point of view......and seeing how you've never met "most kids" how can you state that??
Because everybody is entitled to a POV/opinion.
mightynimrod said:
Then you've done something right at least.
It's not something I've done. But we're not talking about me having kids...are we?
mightynimrod said:
Why should they make excuses for their children....you can be a bloody good parent but the kid will still play up.
Ask your parents about your temper tantrums when you were 3 years old.
They shouldn't actually have any excuses. If they brought their kids up properly, we wouldn't see tantrums off the kids in the first place.
mightynimrod said:
Don't come back with an answer how you didn't have any because all children do FACT!
I'll ask my mother, but I can't, honestly, recall having any.
mightynimrod said:
Well aren't you just a gentleman???
You might think so.
mightynimrod said:
On that same token, why should the parent alter their schedule for you?
If it means taking the child to the supermarket, then fine - you don't own the aisles.
It's what makes the world go round......now spell it with me basmic... T...O...L...E...R...A...N...C...E
I am not asking them to schedule their day.

You suggested I schedule my life around when they go to the supermarket, so as to avoid them.

Fact is, if they behaved we wouldn't have to gripe about this actual subject itself.
mightynimrod said:
Well you seem to be doing a good job telling me and every other parent what to do regarding taking their children outdoors.
I'm glad you think so.
mightynimrod said:
A lot further than with the "GET OUT OF MY WAY" one that you have at the moment here.

Does that mean if you were annoying me, i could be cruel to you?

Yet again basmic.....T...O...L...E...R...A...N...C...E.
Anybody can be as nice or nasty as they wish to anybody. It's another matter that they get away with it.
mightynimrod said:
Damn right it was too far, your posts regarding yourself and your behaviour suggest you have respect.

NO YOU BLOODY DON'T!
I only have respect for respectable ones.
mightynimrod said:
Yes i wanted my child as you parents wanted you.....i WILL however take my son out wherever i choose to go, i only hope i meet you if that occurs and your in one of your strops about kids being in supermarket/shop.
Fine, just try your best to make sure they don't perform wherever they go.
mightynimrod said:
I'm not going to post any more in here, as it's quite clear that you are a selfish immature person that only thinks that the world is for them.

I wonder what Spie would make of these posts from you .....???
Spie can make all he wants from these posts of me.

At the end of the day, he has made equally questionable posts. I am not going to put myself out and post them, but several members could probably back me up in what I have said.

You go on about respect in your posts. Where is you and your children's respect for others, when you fail to shut them up when they are shouting, playing or crying in public areas?

Permabanned
Basmic has made a few good points and a few naff ones, but I am trying to overcome my negativity :)

I was an angelic kid and if a kid is misbehaved in the cinema and kicking my chair or not shutting up I will do my loud "Shush", followed by my "Glance", normally thats enough :)

Parents need to discipline kids more, so do teachers. Theres just seems to be no respect left in society kids don't respect their parents, police or their teachers.

Soldato
basmic said:
You go on about respect in your posts. Where is you and your children's respect for others, when you fail to shut them up when they are shouting, playing or crying in public areas?

Basmic, your being a prat!

You keep quoting me and my children.

You stated that you read my previous post......if you bloody well did then you would know that i haven't and wouldnt take my child to the cinema as he's too young.

What about parks, or pubs where they cater for children with children areas??? theyre public places......you idiot.

You suggest that public areas are for you and yourself only.
Get real

Your immature and need to grow up rapidly.

OH BTW i couldnt give a toss about your post count either...:rolleyes:

Soldato
Spacky said:
Basmic has made a few good points and a few naff ones, but I am trying to overcome my negativity :)

I was an angelic kid and if a kid is misbehaved in the cinema and kicking my chair or not shutting up I will do my loud "Shush", followed by my "Glance", normally thats enough :)

Parents need to discipline kids more, so do teachers. Theres just seems to be no respect left in society kids don't respect their parents, police or their teachers.

I agree wholeheartedly with more discipline needed in todays society.

You were not however an angelic child.

I will 100% guarantee that you went through a tantrum phase.

As does every child (apart from basmic it seems)

Permabanned
mightynimrod said:
I agree wholeheartedly with more discipline needed in todays society.

You were not however an angelic child.

I will 100% guarantee that you went through a tantrum phase.

As does every child (apart from basmic it seems)

Seriously, I had one fit in a chemist over the whistle lolly's (remember those) and that was the only time I was naughty. However I suppose I am misleading the truth and avoiding anything from age 4 upwards :D

Basically if my parents said no then that was NO if I got smacked I never did it again. I was gutted as I got older I found I knew more about things than my parents and then the santa conspiracy :eek: respect was doomed from 9 onwards.

Oh and at 9 I hit a teacher...with a cricket bat, whilst playing cricket. He said I was small enough to fit on the end of a pencil. :o

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom