Killing Floor 2

Permabanned
........Tripwire is now 50 employees strong. Killing Floor 2 is coming to Steam Early Access for Windows and Valve's SteamOS. When? Not as soon as I may want, Gibson says, but sooner than I may expect. After watching them play KF2, I know they got at least the first half of that statement right.

KF2 will support Steam Workshop for mods. Tripwire will release a mod SDK. "That's one of the things we're very adamant about," Gibson says. "We like to prod DICE and EA on this one occasionally. They've essentially come out and said that games have progressed to the point [that they] don't believe the community can make content for [their] games. I say that's total BS. People are smart. That's selling them short. They will figure out their tools. If we can do it, smart kids out there are going to figure it out too."

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/05/08/k...rror-with-the-most-advanced-gore-system-ever/

I've created a custom server. You still get XP rewards and perk progression. Search for:

SERVER NAME
Overclockers UK - 32 Player Server 7 Waves Hard.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nope, I'm more of a left 4 dead fan. Most people playing Killing Floor are playing modded maps and modded characters. The appeal was lost when it went down that route as half of them are extremely poor

Soldato
My profile says only 403 but I could've sworn I'd played way more than that. Perhaps on my previous account.

1.5k on BC2 :eek: Kind of glad I don't spend so much time on computer games any more.

edit: Am I the only one that liked L4D *and* KF?

Nope, I like them both. I have played more KF, but I still think LFD(2) is a very good game.

Soldato
edit: Am I the only one that liked L4D *and* KF?

I liked both, but enjoyed KF more, especially as a co-op experience.

It has been a while since I played L4D BUT, from what I remember, even though the Valve Director was intended to make every game different, I found that the environments were the limiting factor, if that makes sense and every play through seemed "similiar". Maybe the checkpoint system did not help if you can call it that.

With KF, I found every play through to be more "random".

Where KF failed in my opinion is that there was no true incentive for teamwork. One good player can "rambo" their way through to a later wave.

In L4D, I found teamwork to be more important regarding completion or fail of a mission.

Man of Honour
In harder difficulties (and with later balance changes) the whole rambo mechanic was drastically reduced in effectiveness. In anything up to hard you can solo pretty perfectly though yeah.

Soldato
Tripwire burnt me with red orchestra 2 never again. Time the game was playable everyone had buggered off.

I also got burned by that game, but I really like killing floor 1. Due to that, I'll put my faith in the company once more for a quality title and buy it on release. KF1 is one of the best coop games for mindless fun with friends.

Back
Top Bottom