Killing Floor 2

Permabanned
OP

This is the change log for the update going out VERY SOON... like next couple of hours!

Maps
New map: Volter Manor
Added collectable items and related achievements to all 4 existing maps
Numerous fixes to cosmetic issues and map exploits in Biotics Lab, Burning Paris and Outpost
Characters
Added 2 new characters for owners of the original Killing Floor: Classic Briar and Classic Masterson
UI
Improved XP barks on player HUD
Added "Killed by" messages on HUD
Voice comms select on close instead of requiring a mouse click
General
Update bugsplat to give us more information, which may add a delay when submitting.
Added a clientside filter for full servers (in addition to server-side)
Increased the EndOfGameDelay to 15 seconds
Fixed unintended extra applications of Field Medic’s Armament and Vaccination buffs when using Medic Grenades
Slowed down AI movement speed slightly in HOE
Crash fix for servers that have improperly set up server actors
Fixed issues when connecting to passworded servers via command line and Steam invites
Fixed some FX not being affected by night vision goggles when motion blur is enabled
Editor
Enabled UE stats for the SDK only
Custom material support

Yes, yes, yes.

:D

Soldato
I enjoy playing the game, was only 19.99 and still in early access.

for me I didn't play the first one but people here said it was a good game so brought it and glad I did.

not loads to do with 4 classes to pick from and I think 4 maps now after the update? but for me this was good as it allowed me to get used to the game and the workings of it before they do any further updates.

I would give it a 7 out of 10.

I haven't got the best GPU in the world (Radeon HD 5830 with 1GB) and it runs rather well on it, servers are lag free (in my experience anyway)

Soldato
I enjoy playing the game, was only 19.99 and still in early access.

for me I didn't play the first one but people here said it was a good game so brought it and glad I did.

not loads to do with 4 classes to pick from and I think 4 maps now after the update? but for me this was good as it allowed me to get used to the game and the workings of it before they do any further updates.

I would give it a 7 out of 10.

I haven't got the best GPU in the world (Radeon HD 5830 with 1GB) and it runs rather well on it, servers are lag free (in my experience anyway)

Where did you bring it from?

Associate
Does this game have an 'elitist' player-base or something?

Just joined a server for the first time, and got told to ****-off and leave because I was playing as Medic... hadn't even fired a shot, literally just joined.

:rolleyes:

Permabanned
OP

Just joined a server for the first time, and got told to ****-off and leave because I was playing as Medic... hadn't even fired a shot, literally just joined.

I just had one bad experience where some Liverpudlian started mouthing off at me for no reason at all. I don't play with VOIP and I don't use in game text chat unless necessary. I should have asked him what his problem was but since I was racking up the kills and top of the leaderboard I just called him Cilla Black's love child lol

However, you always get bad eggs in a basket but overall the community online is great.

I play as commando or medic and Medics are very important especially when playing on the harder difficulties. They have increased speed, they increase armour for the team and provide a constant supply of health regeneration with darts/grenades. The medic grenades that cause Zeds to panic is funny but a pointless perk imo.

Do classes have a max level?

Last edited:
Associate

Whoever said that to you would change their tune sharpish if they ended up getting leeched during the boss fight.

Associate
Are there servers greater than 6 people?

I see 32 man mentioned bored of small teams! Like the big action

I played on an 80 slot server a few times when I first got the game, there's also a 100 man one that shows up in the server browser.

Both usually lie empty since perk progression was nerfed on servers with more than six players.

Associate
got this about 6 days ago and have managed to plow about 41 hours into it already is a great game really enjoying it, currently have a level 18 support,12 commando and level 3 medic,i like all three classes but the medic seems to be a commando class with support and being able to heal so medic is the way forward for me love healing people.

if anybody wants to play add me on steam,would love to get some games on with some of you,i play with my housemate and friend so have a team of 3 most nights then whoever joins us.

Permabanned
OP
WWAUT - Melee Improvements
12 JUNE - [TW]YOSHIRO
With E3 only days away, many players are working out the best way to stream the content they want to consume. We strongly recommend that you tune in at http://www.twitch.tv/pcgamer for the inaugural PC Gaming Show on Tues June 16th at 6PM PST. It's literally a LIVE E3 version of WWAUT! Now with that out of the way, let us talk about bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Over the past few weeks, the melee system has been getting some extra enhancement. As noted previously[forums.tripwireinteractive.com] we’ve been watching what players are doing as well as listening to their requests. Now change is underway and we would like to walk you through the highlights of what we are doing to improve the systems.

In the current live build, when a user hits the “bash” key, it uses an existing attack. No more! Now this key will have its own unique function. A few examples:
Perk Knife - a new fast stabbing attack
Katana - execute a powerful stab
Pulverizer - push back that group of foes that is in your face

http://tripwireinteractive.com/media/2567/Stab.gif

We have also been making enhancements to the parry system. We saw that some players were confused about when they had successfully parried (vs stumbled) so now each zed has a different animation for each state. We’ve also flagged some zed attacks to be non parryable (but to help, these attacks now have a tell so keep an eye out!).

Blocking is also being refined. The next iteration of blocking will allow players to move at normal speed while blocking (where right now they are slowed down during the blocking state). Players will also now see hit reactions to give feedback to them that they are blocking (and taking mitigated damage).

Those systems are currently live in our latest dev build and under heavy testing and feedback from the staff (and we may continue to make changes and tweaks before they make it into public hands). Also as part of this undertaking we are working to improve the parry system so it works more consistently online (this is still prototype work and may not make a near future update).

And while it is not quite ready to show yet, we have just approved the new perk skill tree for the Zerker skill tree (having redesigned it from the ground up). As the new tree comes online in the dev build and we have vetted it we will be providing more details.

One final thing for those players who have been upset that they couldn’t wear both their hat (to protect their heads of course!) and their shades (pure cool), we have made an enhancement to the player character system that will allow this!

http://tripwireinteractive.com/media/2568/KillingFloor2-MultipleAccessories.jpg

Back
Top Bottom