Killing Floor 2

Associate
It's a great game, and tripwire are committed to it, early access is there to avoid a situation like RO2 when they were made to release early by a publisher. This time they are self publishing, support them and give feedback!

Associate
It's a great game, and tripwire are committed to it, early access is there to avoid a situation like RO2 when they were made to release early by a publisher. This time they are self publishing, support them and give feedback!

Yeah they are doing the right thing I think. Early Access was a good choice.

I have only played a little so far but it is really good fun, can run it at max pretty smoothly although it makes my GPU fans sit at 100% at all times :(

Soldato
Just a suggestion, play the game on Suicidal difficulty online.

Ive found the quality of players at Normal (really easy) and Hard difficulties are much lower than of above. Tend to be a lot of lone wolfs whilst Suicidal+ attracts the more hardcore KF1 players. :)

Soldato

RO2 was self published.

Tripwire themselves and themselves alone made the decision to release early. The bugs though were not known to them until the game was released into the "wild". As in Indie dev, there are only so many configs you can test with.

They did offer to courier one guys PC who had a bug to their offices and back so they could nail it as it was becoming a major pain for them.

My issue is, if they are doing early access to avoid that, then we are paying for alpha access as guinea pigs which in turn, should offer SOME discount. Not be paying full RRP for a game with limited content and bugs which will not be "gold" for a long while to come. For clarification, Tripwire have confirmed that the Early Access price will be the retail price when launched.

Last edited:
Permabanned
- Getting 60FPS, VSYNC disabled so I guess the game is capped.
- There is no SLI profile and I get lots of stutter
- Maxed on Ultra VRAM usage is around 1400MB 1080p
- No 21:9 native support
- No MSAA options only FXAA in the aliasing options

If this is true im out! Need MSAA 4-8x and 120fps. Such a shame this better be fixed soon they rendered guns at over 200fps and expect people to still be on 60hz?

Permabanned
OP
If this is true im out! Need MSAA 4-8x and 120fps. Such a shame this better be fixed soon they rendered guns at over 200fps and expect people to still be on 60hz?

Read my updated posts. Whilst there is no MSAA and only FXAA the game is not capped to 60FPS, you need to check the variable rate option in the menu.

Also anyone getting awful lag and sync issues in multiplayer? It's unplayable for me. :(

Permabanned
Read my updated posts. Whilst there is no MSAA and only FXAA the game is not capped to 60FPS, you need to check the variable rate option in the menu.

Also anyone getting awful lag and sync issues in multiplayer? It's unplayable for me. :(

Could you confirm 120hz online then with no tearing? I just spent a bit of time googling and previously KF1 was config.ini editing for refresh=value and still capped to 90fps online. Offline was uncapped. You sort of confused me i take it ingame vsync+varable framerate will not let you vsync and get 120.00 frames?

Last edited:
Soldato
Like the game so far lvl 16 medic, I don't like the way it's leaning to console thing for example you cant even say thank you with a voice command you have to use the horrible console made menu. And the last boss hans(pat) looks terrible , the pat struck fear into a group and made them scatter.
No problems running it at all at 1080p with sig rig

Soldato
game does look good, not played any of the killing floor games even though I have been tempted.

cant go wrong either for 19.99 on steam. got some money sitting in my steam wallet from selling csgo cases and skins lol

is it worth buying?

Soldato
game does look good, not played any of the killing floor games even though I have been tempted.

cant go wrong either for 19.99 on steam. got some money sitting in my steam wallet from selling csgo cases and skins lol

is it worth buying?

Yes, yes and HOLY BEANS YES! :D

You may feel a little 'let down' to begin with a it's only 3 maps, 4 classes (out of 10 total) and a handful of weapons right now but it's such good fun I don't really care. Haven't seen any instability or crashes from it yet, possibly the rarest of lag spikes during mega firefights but that's to be expected. Full content rollout will be coming along as it's finished, and I actually believe Tripwire on that.

Tripwire did extremely well for the owners of Killing Floor, loads of new maps, new content, new skins and weapons, and only towards the end of the 'life' of KF did they start introducing extra paid-for weapon packs, and although not essential to the game they did improve it (flare pistols. I want my flare pistols of murder!)

For £20, get it... you'll enjoy it with randommers, but get a 4, 5 or 6 of OcUK lot together or some regular friends who play it and it gets a whole load better. (especially when people play to the strengths of their class)

Soldato
Yes, yes and HOLY BEANS YES! :D

You may feel a little 'let down' to begin with a it's only 3 maps, 4 classes (out of 10 total) and a handful of weapons right now but it's such good fun I don't really care. Haven't seen any instability or crashes from it yet, possibly the rarest of lag spikes during mega firefights but that's to be expected. Full content rollout will be coming along as it's finished, and I actually believe Tripwire on that.

Tripwire did extremely well for the owners of Killing Floor, loads of new maps, new content, new skins and weapons, and only towards the end of the 'life' of KF did they start introducing extra paid-for weapon packs, and although not essential to the game they did improve it (flare pistols. I want my flare pistols of murder!)

For £20, get it... you'll enjoy it with randommers, but get a 4, 5 or 6 of OcUK lot together or some regular friends who play it and it gets a whole load better. (especially when people play to the strengths of their class)

the game does look good, even if it only has 3 maps and small amount of guns it will be good for a new comer as then I can get used to what is there first before releasing more updates etc

Soldato
Im loving this game. I love the zed time as well, especially when it kicks in just after a grenade has blown up. Legs, arms and even eyes flying around in slow mo haha. Im looking forward to what happens with this game. I can see after a couple of weeks i may need to see some more guns and levels to keep me occupied. Still it runs and looks great and its early days.

Permabanned
OP
Could you confirm 120hz online then with no tearing? I just spent a bit of time googling and previously KF1 was config.ini editing for refresh=value and still capped to 90fps online. Offline was uncapped. You sort of confused me i take it ingame vsync+varable framerate will not let you vsync and get 120.00 frames?

Yes I get 120hz online. As for tearing there is none that I can see, but the flickering is annoying me atm, which apparently is a PhysX and Variable Frame Rate issue.

http://www.gameskinny.com/vp662/everything-you-need-to-know-before-playing-killing-floor-2

Soldato
I think I better check the PC specs as my GPU may die if I play this on it lol

edit-----requires a Radeon 6950 and I have a radeon 5830 mmmmmm decisions decisions!

Last edited:
Permabanned
Yes I get 120hz online. As for tearing there is none that I can see, but the flickering is annoying me atm, which apparently is a PhysX and Variable Frame Rate issue.

http://www.gameskinny.com/vp662/everything-you-need-to-know-before-playing-killing-floor-2

You confused me..

Why would you see tearing do you use vsync and get 120fps? Then you mention flickering you have me confused if you are using no frame limits and just playing or if you have a proper setup of application controlled vsync and ingame vsync on with 120fps.

Back
Top Bottom