Killing Floor 2

maj

maj

Soldato
Tempted to give this a go. Having never played the first one is this much different to L4D/2? Engine and gameplay look quite similar from the footage I've seen.

Permabanned
OP
You confused me..

Why would you see tearing do you use vsync and get 120fps? Then you mention flickering you have me confused if you are using no frame limits and just playing or if you have a proper setup of application controlled vsync and ingame vsync on with 120fps.

I never mentioned I got tearing once in any of my posts. :confused:

I have specifically mentioned flickering which probably is a PhysX or another kind of bug as mentioned in the article I linked to. I can't get to the bottom of it. :(

Soldato
apart from cost what's the difference between the standard edition and the deluxe edition?

KILLING FLOOR 2 Digital Deluxe Edition adds the following to the base game:
DJ Scully character, with unique voice pack and set of face/body skins
Additional cosmetic items (each with multiple selectable variants):
“Scullyphones” headphones for DJ Scully, Mr Foster, Hayato Tanaka and Donovan Neal
3D Glasses for Ana Larive and Hayato Tanaka
Bowler Hat for Mr. Foster and Reverend Alberts
Killing Floor 2 Soundtrack
Killing Floor 2 Digital Artbook (over 200+ pages!)
Copy of original Killing Floor 1 game

Read more: http://wccftech.com/killing-floor-2...igital-deluxe-edition-detailed/#ixzz3YJcrVLox

Soldato
is there a single player mode where you can play with AI's and not players?

wondering as I don't want to jump in to online play and not play well due to never playing the game before

soo tempted to buy it!

how many people on OCUK play the game each night?

Soldato
Is there a friendly video guide out there that explains the trading system and perks, weapons etc?

It's very straight forward.

Right now there's 4 perks, each perk generally uses a single type of weapon, so Commando is assault rifles, Support is shotguns, Medics are the medi weapons and berserker are melee weapons, you can use other weapons on other perks, but a commando will have bonus damage etc while using an assault rifle. They also have other benefits, like support can distribute ammo and medic can heal.

There's a certain number of rounds depending on what the server is set up as, 7 rounds is normal, after each round the trader appears, which you can find from the compass at the top of the screen as the wave is occuring, or the arrows which float around your screen after the wave has finished, at the trader you can refill your ammo, buy weapons and buy body armour. You can also pick up weapons around the map to sell them to the trader for extra dosh. With weapons there's a weight limit, so you can only carry a certain amount, so you have to have enough money and weight capacity to get them.

After the last wave there's a boss which you have to kill, so make sure you stock up fully after the final wave has been.

is there a single player mode where you can play with AI's and not players?

wondering as I don't want to jump in to online play and not play well due to never playing the game before

Yes there is.

Permabanned
OP
It's very straight forward.

Right now there's 4 perks, each perk generally uses a single type of weapon, so Commando is assault rifles, Support is shotguns, Medics are the medi weapons and berserker are melee weapons, you can use other weapons on other perks, but a commando will have bonus damage etc while using an assault rifle. They also have other benefits, like support can distribute ammo and medic can heal.

There's a certain number of rounds depending on what the server is set up as, 7 rounds is normal, after each round the trader appears, which you can find from the compass at the top of the screen as the wave is occuring, or the arrows which float around your screen after the wave has finished, at the trader you can refill your ammo, buy weapons and buy body armour. You can also pick up weapons around the map to sell them to the trader for extra dosh. With weapons there's a weight limit, so you can only carry a certain amount, so you have to have enough money and weight capacity to get them.

After the last wave there's a boss which you have to kill, so make sure you stock up fully after the final wave has been.

Yes there is.

Thanks, what do those blue and red bars above players indicate? Is there a way to know who is carrying what perk, as it seems pointless me running to a medic who can heal himself.

Edit - Sweet. Didn't know we can set up our own dedicated servers this easily
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=429704087

Last edited:
Soldato
I was saving the money in my steam wallet for dying light but cant decide what game to get now

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I brought the game in the end so downloading it now.....

edit, now downloaded, just got to wait till my son is asleep to play it!!

any tips for the first time player of the game? (not played killing floor either)

can add me to steam if anyone wants a extra player but doesn't mind me being new to the game

Last edited:
Soldato
Haha a big up yours from TWI as they have amended there EULA, how can you not support them. (think new steam pay for mods here)

"Your Mods must be distributed for free, period. Neither you, nor any other person or party, may sell them to anyone, commercially exploit them in any way, or charge anyone for receiving or using them without prior written consent from Tripwire Interactive. You may exchange them at no charge among other end users and distribute them to others over the Internet, on magazine cover disks, or otherwise for free".

Soldato
Haha a big up yours from TWI as they have amended there EULA, how can you not support them. (think new steam pay for mods here)

"Your Mods must be distributed for free, period. Neither you, nor any other person or party, may sell them to anyone, commercially exploit them in any way, or charge anyone for receiving or using them without prior written consent from Tripwire Interactive. You may exchange them at no charge among other end users and distribute them to others over the Internet, on magazine cover disks, or otherwise for free".

:D

Awesome. I like Tripwire, I really do. More than happy to give them my money for a game. I actually feel like they care about their players, and genuinely want to make a great game for people to enjoy.

Also, ED209. Cracking username, also I added you on Steam. Not playing KF2 massively at the moment, but happy to jump in for a few games if you're around on Steam. I'm still pretty low levels, although loving the support perk - as per my usual favourite in KF! (AA12 is EPIC!)

Soldato
:D

Also, ED209. Cracking username, also I added you on Steam. Not playing KF2 massively at the moment, but happy to jump in for a few games if you're around on Steam. I'm still pretty low levels, although loving the support perk - as per my usual favourite in KF! (AA12 is EPIC!)

ty, been using it since gaming online and never changed it lol

played for a good few hours tonight, commando is now level two. found it easier online with others o help out than on your own where you just get bombarded even on normal! this may change once you get a better level and more guns.

can you buy better guns permanently unlocked or do you always progress through the rounds and buy better guns?

Back
Top Bottom