1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kingston SSD Deal. Very sweet!!

Discussion in 'Latest News, Deals & Special Offers' started by Andrew Moore, 10 Aug 2012.

1. chippy08

Mobster

Do you really need a 30cm cable i buy them from 15cm up but not 30cm there way too long.

2. marshallman05

Gangster

Those are the only 6GB/s ones OcUK have by the looks of things...

3. MatsyLR

Mobster

4. chippy08

Mobster

Buy a 20cm cable i wish o.c would get 20cm cables in asked but fell on death ears

Last edited: 13 Aug 2012
  5. MatsyLR

Mobster

6. Surveyor

Capodecina

7. MatsyLR

Mobster

Oh...I was under the impression you had to get a 6gbps cable to get the full speed....

Looks like I'll get the Akasa one(when I eventually get a SSD), 15cm should be fine, the motherboard slot is like...right next to where my SSD would be mounted.

8. Andrew Moore

MSI Rep

The rebuy is more than they are selling for. If they want to effectively sell below cost then let them. When they buy new stocks they wont be able to do deals and we will. It all boils down to intelligent buying and selling which in some cases they fail at miserably.

9. marshallman05

Gangster

Well they may be buying at a lower cost due to bigger size order maybe.... I highly doubt they could sell for under cost price tbh :/

10. MatsyLR

Mobster

Oh just found a old sata cable in the corner of my old pc (ribbon cables etc) and a Molex to SATA Power Adapter I didn't even know I had...
    I'm guessing I can just use this sata cable and it will be perfectly fine for a SSD? I'm pretty sure its one of the old sata 1 cables...the pc is very old...

11. Wolf11

Hitman

To be honest it does happen...in my business a competitor was selling an item cheaper than we could buy it for so I kicked off big time with the supplier thinking this other company were getting better discounts etc and after a few arguments he showed me an invoice and they were paying exactly what we were !! . I think in a lot of cases they treat it as a loss leader and hope people will then add other products to the order (ones they make a profit on) or stay a repeat customer.

12. pc_monkey

Hitman

Ive got one in my basket but really holding out for 256 gb samsung or crucial

13. Andrew Moore

MSI Rep

We buy more and no, they could be on old stock and will end up killing their run rates when they hit a rebuy higher than they buy for.

14. Andrew Moore

MSI Rep

Precisely right! :)

15. Surveyor

Capodecina

Give it a try.

It'll work but if it doesn't work at the full speed for some reason you can just get another cable and swap over.

16. Hagar

Capodecina

Shipped at 16:20, DPD next day, so probably tomorrow.

17. Locky

Capodecina

Who cares if company's are making a loss on products to get your custom, it's a win - win for us customers.

18. scwba06

Hitman

If that's the deal I'm thinking of it is a complete kit do your paying extra for something most people won't need

19. marshallman05

Gangster

Not the extra kit I'm worrying about its the drives itself. All round better product.

20. 1pudding1

Hitman

So this should be delivered tomorrow. does anyone know if the firmware would need updating before I do a fresh install of Win 7? Moving from a standard HD, so any other things to do apart from possible firmware before unplugging the old HD and starting with this? What about Windows activation, does the existing copy need deactivating? Cheers.