Kingston SSD Deal. Very sweet!!

Soldato
Well apart from the fact that I cannot update the firmware, I ran a bench and am getting speeds less than half of advertised.

It is in the correct port and I have it running AHCI (it is only a storage drive my boot drive is a Crucial M4).

How so?

Soldato
Well apart from the fact that I cannot update the firmware, I ran a bench and am getting speeds less than half of advertised.

It is in the correct port and I have it running AHCI (it is only a storage drive my boot drive is a Crucial M4).

How so?

Are you using it on a sata 3 connector and not sata 2 connector ?

Soldato
Sweet deal indeed, not that long ago i paid £90 + vat for a 64gb ssd and £170 +vat for a 128gb ssd, nice slice of price :D

Soldato

How so?
I thought seeing as people had benched them i'd give it a go, same result as you.

203mb/s read 148mb/s write.

My VERTEX 2 OCZ drive which is old and on sata 2 gets 226.3mb/s read and 59mb/s write, confused. The OCZ drive beat it everytime on the read speeds.

Does benching a drive that's the boot/OS drive hinder bench results? As it has to still us run the system whilst the bench runs? Either way, in terms of figures, it's nothing like what was stated.

Back
Top Bottom