Knackered BF2 disk

Associate
Okay stupid I know, but I've got glue on the data side of my BF2 DVD - I was sticking the serial numbers from my manuals onto the disks to get rid of a load of old manuals and boxes and this is the only one which got some on.

I tried to clean it off but it's pretty much knackered the disk, is a completely new purchase my only option? As I have a valid legal serial key. :(

Associate
ive heard mixed things regarding the cost issue. ive read people have sent them the knackered disc back and not got charged, but ive also heard that some people have been charged so i guess it depends on who you get their end. worth a try, it may be less than £20 so cheaper than buying a full game, worth an email either way

Soldato
EA Are pretty good actually with things like this as Fullfat suggests. Last time I had some broken or damaged disks it was for BF1942 and BF Vietnam. 3 dodgy batches. Think I paid £5.00 on one occasion and they replaced foc on the others.

Soldato
cant you borrow it from a m8 , install ,and just use your serial ?

as stated its a laborious task to get a replacement from EA and £15approx eek!!

i always make a backup of any online games now as my bf2 disc also got cracked and wouldnt read.

Associate
Why not download a DVD image?

It is about 4-5mb and you mount it on a virtual drive using Daemon tools.

You can then play your installed copy without the need for the actual DVD.

Associate
Rhys said:

let's not go there eh chaps.... There's already been a fairly lengthy thread about what you can and cant do with games and both of the above are strictly a no-no.

Associate
I dont see the problem with that method. I have a legal copy and use this method as it means I dont have to keep putting the CD in the drive. The serial code is the important bit.

*The image itself is harmless. Downloading the entire ISO would be bad. If you dont want to download an image file. Then when you buy your game you can make your own image of it.

Last edited:
Associate
Rhys said:

Yup thats what i do with most of my games, keep them nice and safe in the box :)

Back
Top Bottom