** KOLINK ENCLAVE 80+ GOLD POWER SUPPLIES NOW AVAILABLE **

Soldato
Have to be honest, I wouldn't touch a Kolink PSU with a bargepole. Cheapest possible product build, sub-standard warranty, and zero customer service. Why would a customer spend £1.5K on a PC, and risk the whole shebang on a poor quality PSU?

Sorry to sound negative, but really not seeing any selling point here - cheap option for system builders to recoup margin, they're not a customer-focused brand.

you;ll be surprised, as a builder - you'd be running without VAT + Distribution prices, which often has higher priced components given maximum returns i.e ASUS Matrix 2080ti is £1100 + VAT is £1320 - straight from retail is £1700 . Low end doesn't may off unless you sell a LOT!

also Kolink highest tier PSU.. Continuum

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/search?sSearch=kolink+continuum

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/koli...-platinum-modular-power-supply-ca-030-kk.html

is bar far one of the BEST PSU's you can buy !!!

Associate
Thanks Uncle Gravy - this is my case in point. Why would a PSU supplier with any kind of customer focus, ask for £275 for a PSU, then not even include kettle leads? All about keeping costs down, not giving customers a decent product.

And good luck to someone if they needed to contact Kolink and get a kettle lead...

Man of Honour

Sorry to disagree with you but that is just nonsense. At best the Continuum is mediocre as shown in Jonnyguru's review of the 1500w version which he gave 8.3/10. The very best psu's should be 9.8/10 or higher. They have too many downsides to be good as can be seen in the Techpowerup and Toms Hardware reviews. Despite the Continuum 1500w costing £275 it still only has a pathetic 5 year warranty (looks like they have copied BeQuiet's poor warranties). At that price the warranty should be 10 years or more and I would rather pay a little more for a quality psu with a long warranty from a established manufacturer. You can even get more for your money by dropping from platinum to gold efficiency (it's not as if the electricity savings are much between them) and get a better quality psu with a long warranty from the likes of EVGA or Corsair.

Soldato
@pastymuncher. Problem is for companies that don't actually own a factory to make a PSU Unit- 90% being Chinese is when they pull production , Vendor is left in the deep end .

I have bequiets Pro 11 flagship, only 5 years but with quality of its build and having ran it for a year 24/7 compared to most average users for testing - its been fine , Others have Seasonic Units like the Focus which fail using Vega GPUs . I know bequiets RMA rate , on their flagship models with 5 years warranty , very low - will get them to try and publish it , they'll NEVER CHANGE IT

and if your comment about £275 product should have longer then 5 years, why the hell are AMD, and likes of saphhire, MSI, XFX offering 2 years on the Navi chips.... those are £300 plus units , then likes of £1000 GPUs with only 2 years .

From the Enclave selling point of view, just has to match rivals - then it'll easily outsell them . 90% of buyers wouldn't look at reviews , us lot being based on this forum would but the world doesn't work like that . First thing is pricing, then they'll see gold vs bronze then they'll see warranty .

If we are pitching this to new comers looking to build on a tight budget, and this could match cooler master wattman for price and warranty yet be cheaper then Formula Series then its hard not to quote.

if everyone went for a 9.8 rated PSU... we'd have no budget builds , should check out some rendering studio's,games developers and Universities :) they aint running what you might think they ought to for PSUs :D

the above post was to highlight, Kolink isn't a only Budget brand - there just more smarted then most

***also, the Cont units- miners use them . Miners cost companies a lot in RMA .
as for evga being based in EU- hope for their sake its't not a NO DEAL-Brexit , or for that matter 90% of PSU makers with Repair in the EU :(

Last edited:
Man of Honour
We were talking about PSU's as you very well know, not CPU's, GPU's etc. They are another kettle of fish altogether. I was also responding to your comment that the Continuum is by far one of the best psu's you can buy. That simply is nowhere near being true as the reviews clearly show. As for the factories, most of the PSU brands sold in the UK don't have their own factories as they are made by OEM's such as CWT, Seasonic etc but you already know this. Why are you sticking up for Kolink so strongly? Their line up consists of very poor to mediocre psu's with sub par warranties at low prices, no thanks I value my other components. We will just have to agree to disagree.

There are two more reviews out there now:
KitGuru: https://www.kitguru.net/components/...olink-enclave-80-plus-gold-700w-psu-review/6/
TechPowerUp: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/kolink-enclave-series-700-w-psu/7.html

All in all performance in those reviews meets my expectations. There are for sure better PSU out there, but those usually also cost considerably more money. Now it's only this warranty thing left and I'm confident I'll have some progress for this before the end of the year...

Soldato
We were talking about PSU's as you very well know, not CPU's, GPU's etc. They are another kettle of fish altogether. I was also responding to your comment that the Continuum is by far one of the best psu's you can buy. That simply is nowhere near being true as the reviews clearly show. As for the factories, most of the PSU brands sold in the UK don't have their own factories as they are made by OEM's such as CWT, Seasonic etc but you already know this. Why are you sticking up for Kolink so strongly? Their line up consists of very poor to mediocre psu's with sub par warranties at low prices, no thanks I value my other components. We will just have to agree to disagree.

+1
I would never buy one , free plug or not .

Back
Top Bottom