** KOLINK INTRODUCES THE ROCKET HEAVY & STRONGHOLD OVERSEER **

Soldato
Doesn't look like it from the images above. The motherboard cutout is directly behind the PCI-e risers with the power input behind that again (with the MB tray being pushes closer to the "back" of the case like a normal ATX design). The SSD plate would also cover the MB / cooler if it was a sandwich design.

Yeah, you're right. Really odd layout. It's like an inverted NR200 stuck permanently in sandwich mode, without the top (bottom) fans.

Associate
What? He’s not saying that lol

He’s basically asking if the 240mm rad support, will it also have enough clearance to fit 2x 120mm fans on the rad - presumably for something like an AIO...

Case manufacturers often outline radiator clearance on front/top etc, but never rad+fan clearance which would be useful to know.
They've modified the listing now as it now says supports a 240mm rad/AIO in bold lettering

Soldato
With a build it works quite nicely actually.

Looking forward to seeing some builds in it.

I didn't mean to come across negative. I'm quite intrigued by the case design, as it's something that hasn't been done before. While the "open sandwich" design has been seen in cases like the Streacom DA2, Cooler Master NR200, and Dancase C4 (concept), it has been as a compromise to allow a flexible layout. The established thinking seems to be that the traditional "sandwich" layout is better thermally, as the CPU and GPU are chambered separately. It'll be interesting to see how well this case performs in benchmarks, to see if that thinking is actually correct, or a load of guff.

While it's almost half the size, parts compatibility is somewhat similar to the FormD T1. Comparisons to that, with the upcoming TG panels, would be interesting to see.

Last edited:
Associate
It hasn't been modified. You can fit 27mm AIO radiators + standard 120mm fans in there fine. You could probably squeeze 30mm radiators in too, but nothing bigger. I'll update the spec to confirm.
I don't think it was listed before to show it supports an aio... That's why I put on here does it also support the fan with the rad. Happy days. I'll need to measure up before ordering

OcUK Staff
OP
I don't think it was listed before to show it supports an aio... That's why I put on here does it also support the fan with the rad. Happy days. I'll need to measure up before ordering

As the person responsible for the product being put on the website, I can 100% confirm it had the same text as it has now on day on launch. I mentioned it also in my OP :) The only thing that has changed is that I updated the text about 45 minutes ago to reflect the maximum radiator thickness with fans. Anyway, hope you buy one and update us here with your impressions.

OcUK Staff
OP
Just double checked, there's 32.5mm of room in total, although I'd go with 30mm max to avoid any issues. Also something that wasn't clear is that there's a bracket on the top panel that you unscrew to mount the fans and/or radiator to first, which makes things a bit easier :)

Back
Top Bottom