Kolink KL-500 psu dead within a day of arrival ??

Associate
My kolink KL-500 psu arrived yesterday with all my other parts and when I assembled nothing had power to turn on and I didn’t know what it was .... after testing many items I eventually found out it was the psu and it wouldn’t turn on even with the green wire to black test with the 24 pin connector with everything plugged out. The fans won’t spin even with power and the green and black wires connected. Also there is a white glue substance all over the coils on the inside of the psu if that means anything ? I’m not sure ? Can someone please help!!!? I’d really appreciate it thanks

Soldato
Nothing weird in that.
That's very cheap pretty much trash level PSU, so can't expect high quality and good factory testing.
(for start it's not 500W PSU)

Some glue is commonly used for better securing components on their places and often also for lowering risk of coil whine.
Anyway if it were over time conductive turning Chinese junk glue, it wouldn't have yet done that.

Man of Honour
This is what happens when you buy a crap psu that is barely any better than a generic no name psu. That so called 500w psu isn't even capable of 500w. Look at the label on the side before you return it and see how weak the 12v rails is. Any decent modern psu should be able to deliver all or near enough all of it's power on the 12v rail where it's needed. Return it and then buy something decent. Do not skimp on the psu!!

Back
Top Bottom