Koolance Quick Disconnect with 7/16" ID, 5/8" OD Advice

Associate
Hi,

I'm looking to rework my cooling loop for a new water cooled graphics card (currently only CPU in loop) and I'm interested in adding the Koolance Quick Disconnect fittings to allow me to switch out the graphics card easily when needed.

However, I'm not sure which sized fittings to get as none of them match the tubing I currently have - XSPC 7/16" Inner diameter and 5/8" outer diameter with compression fittings.
The closest they have is 1/2" ID which is 13mm not 11mm, I've seen a few references to people boiling their tubes to stretch them over but this doesn't sound particularly safe? Would some sort of adapter be a better option here?

Also if someone could clarify exactly which Koolance fittings I would require that would be very helpful, it's really not clear how many male/female fittings you need. The graphics card uses threaded 1/4 so I assume I need
  • 2 X QD3 No-Spill Quick Release, Bulkhead Male, 1/4 inch
  • 2 x QD3 Female Quick Disconnect No-Spill Coupling, Compression for 13mm x 16mm (1/2in x 5/8in)
Any help is much appreciated!

Soldato
You can buy threaded quick disconnects where you screw your own fitting on. They don't seem to sell 7/16 versions.

Boiling 7/16 inch was popular a few years ago because the D5 stock top had half inch barbs and threaded tops weren't really available.

edit: have a look at the 'Alphacool Eiszapfen' they are the ones I use. Similar/same design to the QD3's.

Associate
OP
You can buy threaded quick disconnects where you screw your own fitting on. They don't seem to sell 7/16 versions.

Boiling 7/16 inch was popular a few years ago because the D5 stock top had half inch barbs and threaded tops weren't really available.

edit: have a look at the 'Alphacool Eiszapfen' they are the ones I use. Similar/same design to the QD3's.

Thanks for the info! They seem to sell them as kits which is much less confusing. It doesn't say whether they come with o-rings on the threaded versions, could I screw this directly into the GPU 1/4 threads?

Last edited:
Soldato
I think they should. Could also use an o-ring from another fitting in case they don't.

Remove that link btw it's against forum rules.

Back
Top Bottom