Kopparberg cider?

Man of Honour
Doosht said:
also, make sure you pour it into a glass containing muchos ice

What is this fad about drinking cider with lots of ice, I blame Magners/Bulmers (whichever one you have locally). A straight alcoholic drink should not need ice, the cold just numbs or disguises the taste. Cocktails are an exception to the no ice rule.

Kopparberg isn't that great either, it is like comparing Sunny D to real orange juice, theres a resemblance to the original but it tastes like it has been through the digestive system once already before having sweeteners added.

Soldato
Kopparberg is what the Swedes call cider, but not what us Brits do. It's pear wine, really, just with added carbonated water. Which is why it's so sweet and doesn't have that cider 'tang'.

I love it too :)

If you want a proper pear cider, try Brothers. They also do a Strawberry version which is rather nice...

...but then if you want alcoholic strawberry stuff, Fruli is THE daddy.

Soldato
I have some in my hand as we speak, I never have any problems getting it from either Sainbury's or Morrisons. Thats just the pear though, i've yet to track down the summer fruits outside of a lloyds :(

I tried Ikea but they only did Pear. had to go all through that bloody maze of a place to find it too. Anyone that has been to the gateshead Ikea will know how stressfull it is, especially if you go on a bank holiday!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom