Kopparberg cider?

Soldato
As said, Tesco sell it, Asda, Ikea (obviously) and Sainsburys also sell it....Whetherspoons and any Bar Bhuda's!

Have ordered it from DesignaDrinx too a few times.......It's becoming widespread, which is good :D

Man of Honour
Its become my favourite drink haha,

Following places sell it that i know of;

Tescos
Sainsbruies
ASDA
and as mentioned Weatherspoons and Lloyds.

Havnt seen anywhere else but would be happy to know of these places.

Soldato
If you want a proper pear cider, try Brothers. They also do a Strawberry version which is rather nice...

Brother's is just as bad as kopparberg, certainly isn't 'proper' cider.

Aspalls is quite nice but nothing like a decent cider imo, the problem with all mass produced stuff. Try looking out for Gwatkin Farmhouse ciders, quite rare. If anyone lives near Southampton;

http://www.bittervirtue.co.uk/

Soldato
BenjiSayers said:
I tried Ikea but they only did Pear. had to go all through that bloody maze of a place to find it too. Anyone that has been to the gateshead Ikea will know how stressfull it is, especially if you go on a bank holiday!
I feel for you! Having to go through the labyrinth of sofas and kitchens is worth it when you reach the food section (I wonder if you can enter through the exit - it's only 20m from there!). That Koppaberg stuff is the only cider I ever buy more than 4 at a time of ;) and let's not forget the meatballs. Their crisps are nice too :)

Soldato
BenjiSayers said:
I funnily enough tried some of that last-week, best way to describe it is simply stunning, need to get some more soon!

Funny thing is, anything else tastes like chemicals after that stuff. Its perfect imho.
Its a shame that more places don't do it on tap...

Associate
I just got some from Asda and they also sold it in Sainsbury's. Unfortunatly I could only find the pear version so still need to look for Apple and the other rare flavours.

Man of Honour
Arsey said:
I just got some from Asda and they also sold it in Sainsbury's. Unfortunatly I could only find the pear version so still need to look for Apple and the other rare flavours.

apple ?

if you want apple, get some cheddar valley down you.

Koperberg is only good for pear and summer fruit, which are both very sweet and easy summer drinking.

Man of Honour
We've ordered several crates of cans from Designadrinx over the past year, they are reliable.

Have spotted some bottles in sainsburys too, but as they only had the glass bottles it was a bit pricey.

Man of Honour
sara said:
Kopparberg is what the Swedes call cider, but not what us Brits do. It's pear wine, really, just with added carbonated water. Which is why it's so sweet and doesn't have that cider 'tang'.

The Finns also have a drink much the same called Upcider (brand name) but they don't bother with ice in the glass, it is just chilled in the cellars for coming out the tap.

sara said:
If you want a proper pear cider, try Brothers. They also do a Strawberry version which is rather nice...

Had some of that last night, rather by accident. Really sickly sweet so I didn't like it as it just tastes like strawberry Ribena but you don't taste the alcohol in it (only 4% anyway I think). :)

Soldato
They sell Kopparberg in some Tesco's (do in my local one), but it depends how big it is and the like. If you like Kopparberg then try Brothers cider as well, which they've also started stocking in Tesco recently! :)

Associate
semi-pro waster said:
What is this fad about drinking cider with lots of ice, I blame Magners/Bulmers (whichever one you have locally).

I recently learnt the main reason they market it to be served with ice in a pint glass. If the glass has ice in it, it means you can't fit the whole contents of the bottle into the glass. This means you have to have the bottle sitting next to your glass while you drink it. Other people in the pub see it and think "Oooh, how exciting, that looks nice, I'll have one of those!", whereas if you order a pint of Strongbow, you (more often than not) get it in an unmarked glass and other people have no idea whether it's a Stella, Kronenbourg, Strongbow, Blackthorn etc.

EDIT: while I'm here, does anyone else get annoyed when you order a Magners and the barman asks "Ice and a glass with that?". Every time, I am so tempted to say "No, I'll just have the ice thanks" and see how he manages that.

Associate
qwerty said:
I recently learnt the main reason they market it to be served with ice in a pint glass. If the glass has ice in it, it means you can't fit the whole contents of the bottle into the glass. This means you have to have the bottle sitting next to your glass while you drink it. Other people in the pub see it and think "Oooh, how exciting, that looks nice, I'll have one of those!", whereas if you order a pint of Strongbow, you (more often than not) get it in an unmarked glass and other people have no idea whether it's a Stella, Kronenbourg, Strongbow, Blackthorn etc.

EDIT: while I'm here, does anyone else get annoyed when you order a Magners and the barman asks "Ice and a glass with that?". Every time, I am so tempted to say "No, I'll just have the ice thanks" and see how he manages that.

Surely a bottle of magners wouldn't fit in a pint glass? It's more than a pint isn't it?

Soldato
Just been to Sainsburys myself, and got the last Kopparberg on the shelf, looking forward to drinking it with tonights BBQ :)

My personal favourite is Aspall Suffolk cider, amazing stuff.

Back
Top Bottom