1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Labour have been ordered to bail out the Euro

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by digipeep, 10 May 2010.

1. Andy_82

Gangster

I think it is worth mentioning that this is a loan (if i understand it correctly) so we 'should' get our money back. Though I do not think it's right, we're not part of the Euro zone so we should not be bailing them out. Would they do the same for us? I doubt it.

2. jas72

Capodecina

??? Ok I'm totally confused as I thought the UK makes loads of money in the financial markets a large portion of which will be tied up in european bonds as the Euro decreases in value then uk exports which are fighting against eurozone exports will become more expensive.

I'm no economist and only have a passing interest in economics but I'm sure a failed european currency would not be good for the UK.

3. z3r0

Hitman

Rubbish.

4. stockhausen

Capodecina

I really can't see how anybody could argue with such a succinctly presented analysis :p

5. AMG

Mobster

thats why I hate the EU

it was a good idea, now its a joke all they want is money like most really

6. z3r0

Hitman

:D

7. OzyOly

Mobster

:D:D

8. Von Smallhausen

Man of Honour

It is with disappointment stockers that on the subject of diversity I have no option but to fail you.

9. anything I don't mind

PermaBanned

How can they bail out the eu, everyone is in debt.

It needs to crash as eventually it will, they are only prolonging the inevitable. These ******** just want to leave the problems for the next generations so they can continue to think they are rich and powerful and successful. Mean while they have done the worst job and the system needs to crash.

Gordon brown should already be arrested for treason for selling britians gold and now recently selling our navy ships to romania... Now he wants to hand the eu billions of pounds ?

He has to be smoking crack.

Last edited: 10 May 2010
  10. Yamahahahahaha

Mobster

I definitely think the Greek economy which is mostly sustained on tourism and olive growing should be given the same loan rates as a country like Germany which produces high tech and world-class engineering services.

It also doesn't help that the previous Greek government lied like ****s to everyone.
    They claimed public debt was 6% of GDP, rather than 130%+ which the current government revealed. The crisis could be even worse had they not admitted this.

11. Captain_Slick

Wise Guy

So the Eurozone, our largest trading partner by a mile, collapsing would result in losses of less than £15 billion on our end? Yes?

WRONG.

Even the default of Greece would cost British companies much more than that.

Last edited: 10 May 2010
  12. Gangster

Mobster

Gets better and better by the day.:rolleyes:.

13. csmager

Soldato

My understanding is this bail-out is a series of loans and guarantees - basically to restore confidence and prevent the Euro tanking and Greece defaulting on it's debt.

Our contribution of £15bn out of £430bn isn't huge (as we're not a Euro member), and as the whole point of this is to prevent defaults and subsequent chaos, we should get all the money back.

14. Strife212

Capodecina

They can't pay back anything now, why will they be able to pay this back?

15. Dolph

Man of Honour

Because they are finally starting to reign in their horrific overspending (much as we need to do)?

16. csmager

Soldato

They might have high debt, but I'm not aware they've actually defaulted on anything yet. The point of this is to ensure they don't.

17. Energize

Caporegime

Taking out a loan to pay off a loan, sound financial practice. :p

18. csmager

Soldato

Yep, but it's how most governments and large companies operate!