1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laptop dvdrw not working

Discussion in 'Optical Storage & Writing' started by karansar, 25 Jul 2006.

1. karansar

Associate

I've bought an Acer aspire 1360 from a guy at work. Sold as not working, £80 if I could get it going.
    As I was considering getting a portable dvd player for use on the night shift, I thought it was worth a shot.
    Anyway, all that was wrong was the adaptor lead had a break, quick fix and I was rubbing my hands. Until I found the dvd drive wasn't working :(
    I bought a new drive, a LiteOn SOSW-833S. But I have run into a bit of a problem. It is seen in the bios, but Windows doesnt seem to recognise it. I got hold of a copy of EverestHome http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=3&lang=en
    and it sees the drive under ASPI but not as an optical drive. Windows doesn't see it at all.
    I've spent a couple of days googling etc, and have tried quite a few things, but have got nowhere.
    I'd love to get this sorted before I pull all of my hair out. Can anyone save me from going completely bald?