Latency from SB connect 2 software? AE-5 please help

Associate
i used to record music but dont anymore cause ever since upgrading to windows 10 pro x64 i have not been able to record w/out having a 5 - 10 ms delay.. there have been times fiddling i have gotten it to not have a delay and I finally just NOW figured out how.. BUT something is still not right

I have just uninstalled everything creative/sound blaster.. i made sure the folder left behind was also deleted.. went into safe mode and installed via creatives support page
file BXAE5_PCDRV_L13_3_2_28_0.exe

installed and STILL had the delay, and I narrowed it down to the VOICE settings in the software.. if any of them are enabled it makes the mic sound FULL and the way its supposed too.. but if I disable all of them
the noise reduction, acoustic echo cancellation, and smart volume then my mic has ZERO DELAY, but it sounds very LOW and trebbley if that makes sense.. even using DAW's i can now use the ASIO drivers to record w/out any delay which is a HUGE improvement but it sounds that way.. but as soon as I enable smart volume for instance.. mic sounds great.. but there is a delay

I run a glx 2200 condensor microphone, through a mixer.. into the input of the AE-5
should mention that I used to have a SB Xfi and had the same mic/mixer going into the input on it and it worked GREAT.. i was able to put sound effects from vsts on my mic and hear it in real time with zero latency and record 0 latency

i wish I didnt have to use this sound blaster connect 2 dashboard.. its a POS.. everything about it is buggy.. half the time when i start the computer the sound dont work cause the software.. i load it up and its showing settings I normally dont have.. restart again and everything works fine

using the microphone i am using DIRECT HP inside SETUP

can someone please help me? Im telling you i have researched and researched this and not found anything. I have onboard sound disabled in the bios and uninstalled the realtek drivers.. only other driver for audio i have installed is nvidia hd driver and it wont let me uninstall it.. i do and it comes right back.. but in device manager i have it disabled

my setup is
windows 10 pro x64
asus rog crosshair vi hero x370
ryzen 7 1800x
gtx 1080 ti ftw3
16 gb of 3200 ram

also will mention the power plan is high performance.. cpu min and max is 100%

Back
Top Bottom