Latest Gillette ad suggests their customers are broken, toxic and need "fixing" through feminism

Soldato

This is how you destroy your market share by alienating your customers by suggesting that we're all bullies or harassers of wahmen

I'm sure there will be some soy filled ***** who will defend this attack on men yet would condemn it if the genders were reversed, but hopefully most on GD will see some sense and show their disgust too by boycotting gillette products

Man of Honour
I literally have no idea what to make of that ad - but somehow I feel offended.

Never been a huge fan of Gillette anyhow always found their razors poor though the shaving gels work quite well but for some reason that ad puts me off buying their products.

Caporegime
LOL, but they want to signal how woke they are!

In the words of Jonathan Pie from his video oppression obsession:

"stop politicising my dumplings"

These things can of course backfire badly for the companies trying to hard with this stuff and getting it completely wrong:

ffg6M7Q.jpg

Soldato
OP
It's been removed but the top comment that was liked by Gillette was a sarcastic joke about being cuckolded

"My wife's son really liked this video"

:D

It's a shame that companies have to jump onto political band wagons though and rarely does it end well, because customers want to buy their products not their political message and when a company starts telling you how you should act, it's just an insult

Caporegime
I'm not sure they particularly deserve to be virtue signalling tbh...

I mean wasting plastic is a currently trending topic as is anything minor that feminists in western countries can use to demonstrate oppression.

Do Gillette still market pink razors for women with at a higher price?

They're selling a product that is needlessly wasteful regardless in terms of plastics/resources etc.. both their disposable razors and their fancy triple razor blades etc..

Associate
Beards (a terrifying symbol of masculinity :p) are more in fashion with young men than ever before, and this is probably Gillette's way of going against that in a very indirect way.

I think I'll reserve my outrage for when, or more appropriately if, the ad hits the UK. Many yanks will lap that up, but far less chance the British would in my opinion.

Soldato
Just marketing jumping on the bandwagon and hijacking abuse awareness for financial gain. They could have made that ad without all that anti-male sentiment, just about making people in general better people for the benefit of all of us.

Given that 40-50 percent of abusers in relationships are women (depending on which studies you read), I wonder how that ad would have gone down if the genders had been reversed? It probably wouldn't have even reached the discussion stage.

Caporegime
Absolute calamity. Biggest marketing disaster ever. This is what you get when you hire fresh out of university SJW’s, who think their three years of uni has prepared them for the big wide world and the rest of us need reforming. Not a clue. Will never buy Gillette again. They’re overpriced cack anyway.

Caporegime
Wow. I never knew I was a rapist.

My favourite part was when the guy clasped the woman on the shoulder in the meeting, and her expression made it look like he'd just shoved his head up her skirt while holding her family at gunpoint for the 3rd time this week.

Caporegime
Does soy consumption have an effect on facial hair growth in men?

I reckon people should invest in a safety razor anyway - much better for the environment and frankly if you do let any stubble grow for more than a couple of days then the Gillette type razors with 3 flimsy blades tend to become clogged up and rather useless.

I bought a safety razor a while ago and I ended up inheriting a vintage one too. I'll never need to buy another razor again, just need the blade refills.

Soldato
It was Gillette that drove me to safety razors about 8 years ago when they hit £10 for 3. I laughed and never went back.

The ad isn't that bad but a company slinging over priced plastic tat have no business telling anyone how to be a father, partner or a friend. Maybe they've done their research and trying to tap into the younger market but I can't imagine it will be particularly good for them.

Soldato
This tread kinda proves their point. Load of men getting ridiculously offended and insulting anyone that dares agree.

"I'm sure there will be some soy filled ***** who will defend this attack onmen"

Case in point. Imagine being offended by an advert you then make a thread and start throwing insults.

They aren't saying all men are sexual predators either, just that some men are absolute tools and let's have it right...they aren't exactly wrong are they.

Back
Top Bottom