Latest pics of MB's cellar AV room

Soldato
OP
james.miller said:
That's extremely similar to the layout in my room. Iv'e got two mission m71i's on stands with the 12" LA sub in the middle and the center sitting on the sub. The bottom end when your sitting at the back of the room is incredible:cool:

I'm pleased with the sound at the moment, speaking to our resident speaker expert the sub is not the best place to locate the centre but I am considering getting some sorbataine feet to absorb any vibration between the two, the 200C is currently fixed using bluetac :o

Not sure what the next stage is apart from fitting the skirting and some shelves for all our CDs and DVDs.

I just realised why those shots are so poor, its actually testament to how well the paint works, its a suede finish which I chose becuse it kill reflections (makes the screen look really clear and stand out) but the camera hates it :D

MB

Soldato
Matblack said:
I'm pleased with the sound at the moment, speaking to our resident speaker expert the sub is not the best place to locate the centre but I am considering getting some sorbataine feet to absorb any vibration between the two, the 200C is currently fixed using bluetac :o
MB

yeah that's true, in my case though its the only real place i can put it. I have to fit everything in my bedroom after all. between the two fronts, the av rack and the 12" sub, there isnt a lot or room lol.

Soldato
how would something like this work? or is it just too much hassle?

matblackcentre.jpg

Tom.

Soldato
OP
rG-tom said:
how would something like this work? or is it just too much hassle?

matblackcentre.jpg

Tom.

Too be honest with the anti-vibration properties of sorbataine it would be just as a good to bung a couple of feet under it, the cab is rock steady and the extra weight of the 200C is good for the bass anyway. If I HAD to build something for the 200C it would be a bracket so I could ceiling mount it which would be less intrusive. Good pic though :)

MB

Soldato
OP
Hehe, thanks for the bump

Oddly it looks almost identical including the big pile of skirting that needs to be put up. Over the last year I clocked up 1500 hours on the Panasonic projector and it died an early death, I was quite upset as it was ~£1000 when I bought it but I've replaced it with a Sanyo Z5 which has a 3 year waranty and is a great piece of kit, in the long term I'd like a new JVC projector.

I've built a new media centre which has a Q6600 and 500Gb HD so it can handle HD material like a dream and its very quiet, I've upgraded to a Dinovo Laser set. DVD collection has grown as has my stash of XBOX360 games, I need to get a decent graphics card for the PC so I can use that for gaming too.

MB

Soldato
I've moved to a Silverstone Grandia G01 its a nice case and with some of those Golfball fans and a MiniNinja cooler its whisper quiet, I'm very pleased with it :)

MB

How much it set you back? The whole Media build?

Hope you dont mind, but ive added your Trust MSN Address, if thats the correct one?

Back
Top Bottom