Lazy meals - what are yours?

Soldato
Open beans, eat cold. No really, it's all those festivals.

Usually just an omlette, or some rice with soy sauce and maybe an egg if I can be arse.

It's rare I can't be bothered to cook.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
In descending order of time and prep work.

Steak fajitas - fry steak strips in olive oil with spices. Add chopped pepper, onion and mushrooms. Pop in a warm wrap with lettuce. Easy. < 20 mins, one pan.

Beans on toast with poached eggs. < 10 mins.

BLT - takes as long as it takes to grill crispy bacon, which is never quick enough.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I like to use a bit of juicy rump and cut it fairly thick (finger-sized pieces), though for fajitas that's probably overkill! Melt in the mouth though. The last thing you want in a fajita is a bit of gristle or chewy fat. Thin frying steak would do.

Caporegime
omelet with loads of onion/potato/peppers/chili
Scrambled egg
sandwich
salad

But TBH so many things can be cooked in 10 minutes.
Chicken breast cut into thinner slices marinaded in lime juice, seasoning, garlic, honey - on the BBQ done in around 12 minutes.

Burger from the freezer on the BBQ.

Pick up a steak form supermarket, 5 minutes to cook, 2 minutes to rest.

Wholewheat pasta + pesto

Even a quick stir fry can be done in 10 minutes or so. Quickly and roughly slice whatever veg I have lying around, into a wok with sesame oil, add some garlic and crushed chilies, tsp of Chinese 5 spice, soy sauce and if I have something like oyster sauce a dollop of that.

Soldato
Currently on keto so my options are limited a little, but my quick meal is almond flour 'bread' with spicy minced lamb with a touch of Srachacha (sp?). Utterly delicious!

Associate
boil in bag basmati rice (so i can go away and do other things while it just cooks) cooled,

then finely chop and fry an onion, add some chilli (or chilli flakes) cumin and ground coriander, and the rice, some worcestershire sauce and enogh soy to colour the rice and flavour it, and add a tin of tuna. warm tuna through, put in bowls, and done :)

Man of Honour
Get one of the meals out of the freezer and stick it in oven/microwave.
Got pulled pork, Italian style beef thingy, chili mince thing, ratatoullie.
It's good to cook at least one bulk meal a week and freeze the left overs.

Associate
020 7272 6655

"Hello, could I order 1 prawn bhoona, pilau rice and papadoms please. Err.. yes, that's me. Thanks"

I googled the number out of curiousity, it's an excellent takeaway near my house! KUDOS d_brennen.

My quick meal is two poached eggs on toast, I microwave the eggs so the whole thing takes 90 seconds and minimal tidying.

Back
Top Bottom