Lazy meals - what are yours?

Associate
It's good to cook at least one bulk meal a week and freeze the left overs.

I've tried this a number of times, but the left overs never make it as far as the freezer. Tried making bigger portions so there was more left over, that didn't work either! :)

Man of Honour
I've tried this a number of times, but the left overs never make it as far as the freezer. Tried making bigger portions so there was more left over, that didn't work either! :)

The trick is when you have your plate out to dishes, also have the foil trays out and dish it all up, stick the lids on. Then you are unlikely to rip them open.

Soldato

You're just not cooking enough! When I do a bulk batch of something like Bolognese it'll do about 20 portions - think bigger!

Caporegime
boil in bag basmati rice (so i can go away and do other things while it just cooks) cooled,

then finely chop and fry an onion, add some chilli (or chilli flakes) cumin and ground coriander, and the rice, some worcestershire sauce and enogh soy to colour the rice and flavour it, and add a tin of tuna. warm tuna through, put in bowls, and done :)

get a rice cooker - just bung 1 part rice with 2 part water + salt into rice cooker, switch on and ignore while you cook the rest of your dinner. Once everything else is ready you have perfectly cooked fluffy rice - don't have to worry about overcooking or burning.

Soldato
Cook some pasta until just done, fry off some bacon or gammon, grate some cheese. mix together, stick in a pyrex dish, add some pepper and a bit of mil. Oven bake at 180c for 30mins.

Very basic pasta bake.

If I have an extra 5 minutes I will make a white sauce (basic roux and milk) then add the cheese, pasta and bacon and then bake. Slightly less basic pasta bake.

Soldato
Bake chicken, chopped pepper and spring onions wrapped in tinfoil (tinfoil stops it drying out and mean the tray doesn't get dirty).

Boil pasta.

Chuck it all in a bowl with pesto and creme fraiche.

One pan, one knife and one chopping board to wash-up.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I haven't done it for ages, but I like doing a bit of chopped onions and pepper with chilli and leftover chicken, then cooking a pack of Supernoodles over the top. If no leftover chicken, something like chicken dippers used to be my student substitution :D

Back
Top Bottom