LAZY SCROUNGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Caporegime
haha no i think the idea is to get people off the register its a deterrent really to sort the fraudsters from the genuine people.

Otherwise you would be a fully employed gardener working for the government

well thats my opinion anyway

That's just ridiculous then IMO, unless it's only for a few hours a day. £50 for a week's work? Sure, there are people who abuse the system, but punishing those who aren't isn't the way to sort it.

Caporegime
Regardless, even if they force you to take a job, you could just be so terrible at it that you get yourself fired. They can't prove you did it on purpose.

Soldato
Mr Cameron said: ‘Our plans will give unemployed people a hand up, not a handout.‘Unemployed people must be prepared to take up job offers. So, with the Conservatives, long-term benefit claimants who fail to find work will be required to “work for the dole” on community work programmes.’ He added: ‘Anyone on Jobseeker’s Allowance who refuses to join the work programme will lose the right to claim out-of-work benefits until they do. People who refuse to accept reasonable job offers could forfeit their benefits for up to three years.’

WELL ITS ABOUT TIME!! :D

A lot of that is already part of JBA, nothing new!

Permabanned
My ex-boss got stung recently actually.

Job centre phones up

'Great news .. Wagamamas restaurant is looking for a dish-washer, they don't even need interview, you can start tomorrow. Minimum wage. 12 hour days. They choose the hours. No benefits. Enjoy.'

My boss

'I was on 65K a year. I'm not going to do washing up. I need to spend the time job searching, I'm a professional IT manager.'

The job centre

'OK you have refused a job, therefore you are not a job-seeker, therefore you get no more job seeker's allowance. hahaha'.

Basically it was a sting .. if he'd accepted the job he'd have not had any time to attend interview for anything decent (wagamamas made it clear 'no time off without masses of notice'). They got him on a catch-22.

Last edited:

Zip

Zip

Soldato
What do you do on it exactly? is it actual work or just turn up and face roll for 8hrs a day to keep the employed satisfied?

A few post above yours:)

Although i havnt done it because i havnt been on the Dole Long enough for them to make me do it AFAIK

How many hour you work a day i cant answer sorry.

The do jobs like Council Gardner Assistants down here.

Thats the only one i can think of, The probably get sent to work for Re-vegetation Organizations aswell but im only speculating on that.

Can I ask, under this scheme, when in one of the 'working for the dole' jobs, I'm assuming you get minimum wage then? Surely not just the £50-something a week?

No, You get your usual Payments.

I currently get $470 or there about a Fortnight
If i worked for the Dole id Still only get $470 a Fortnight AFAIK.

Associate
Getting dole while out of work when you have contributed NI is not a problem....isnt that the whole point of NI.

And now its time to put pressure on people when jobs are a little scarce to say the least.

Soldato
Getting dole while out of work when you have contributed NI is not a problem....isnt that the whole point of NI.

And now its time to put pressure on people when jobs are a little scarce to say the least.

Two different ways of means testing here.

A You have payed NIC for a good while so you will get JSA based on contribution for 6 months regardless and without any quibbles as you are entitled to that.

B You then move to income based where they look at partners income etc and thats when they supposedly hit you hard to ensure your doing something to find a job.

If you know what you are doing you can get a lot of benefits for nothing.

Soldato

Job centre phones up

'Great news .. Wagamamas restaurant is looking for a dish-washer, they don't even need interview, you can start tomorrow. Minimum wage. 12 hour days. They choose the hours. No benefits. Enjoy.'

My boss

'I was on 65K a year. I'm not going to do washing up. I need to spend the time job searching, I'm a professional IT manager.'

The job centre

'OK you have refused a job, therefore you are not a job-seeker, therefore you get no more job seeker's allowance. hahaha'.

Basically it was a sting .. if he'd accepted the job he'd have not had any time to attend interview for anything decent (wagamamas made it clear 'no time off without masses of notice'). They got him on a catch-22.

Seeing that labour is in control right now and they have no 'work for benefits' policy, i'm finding that hard to believe

Soldato
But surely making them work for the community would cost even more money and could possibly put other people out of work therefore costing even more money, etc etc

Soldato
Funny how these insects suddenly say everything the thick public wants to hear. I don't think I can hold these scum in any lower contempt than I currently do.

Caporegime
some people genuinely cant find employment though this is going to do more harm than good imo.

loads will get trapped working for the dole with no time to better themselfs or find a proper job.

the rest will be told they have to be in any crap job because you cant refuse a job offer.

great lets see all these ex uni students who cant find work working in mc donalds or where ever great idea.

if you have qualifications but are having a hard time finding a job in your field dont despair theres always bar work for you

Soldato

Job centre phones up

My boss

The job centre

Nice story, doesn't sound like there's any truth in it though.

Soldato
But surely making them work for the community would cost even more money and could possibly put other people out of work therefore costing even more money, etc etc

That's exactly what I'm thinking, there's very few jobs they can do which won't impact on current work. Perhaps other than street cleaning in certain areas (never happens here) and graffiti removal. But seriously is there anything else? Perhaps we need to build a new dam somewhere job to keep them busy, that'll be cheap.

I'm all for them doing something but I have a feeling it'll be more expensive and simply mean employing more people to train/supervise and ultimately check up on the work.

Soldato
Nice story, doesn't sound like there's any truth in it though.

Actually happened to me when I was on JSA 18 months or so ago. I didn't apply for one job, and being the honest chap I am told them so, however presented a whole load of other jobs that I had applied for that same week with one of them getting back to me for an interview.

They stopped my JSA, and I was strapped for cash for the next 5 weeks. ****s. It wasn't like I was fiddling the system like all the other scrotes hanging around with their 3 kids and smokiing a fat one in the door way.

I do however believe people should only have to put in the hours to equal their weekely handout, so if you are paid £50 a week in JSA you only have to do the 9 or so hours to "earn" that money, not do a full 36 hour week for it like the "New Deal" scheme currently makes young people do. That system is a disgrace, as it fiddles the unemployment figures along with providing cheap and abusable labour for many employers.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's exactly what I'm thinking, there's very few jobs they can do which won't impact on current work. Perhaps other than street cleaning in certain areas (never happens here) and graffiti removal. But seriously is there anything else? Perhaps we need to build a new dam somewhere job to keep them busy, that'll be cheap.

I'm all for them doing something but I have a feeling it'll be more expensive and simply mean employing more people to train/supervise and ultimately check up on the work.

This is it, it's the extra staff at extra expense without getting anyone into gainful employment so it's actually worse for the economy.

Caporegime
This is it, it's the extra staff at extra expense without getting anyone into gainful employment so it's actually worse for the economy.

probably do the new deal thing and make them "voluntary workers" which means companies get cheap labour which means less real jobs which means more people on the dole doing "voluntary work" for there dole money

you get an extra 10 quid a week and the goverment claims they are "training you"

Caporegime
I think there's another scheme currently in place where a business will take on someone on trial for a period of time. This person is paid by the JobCentre so the business gets a free worker.

Then, when the trial is over, they rarely keep the person on, and instead get another free worker in.

Back
Top Bottom