LAZY SCROUNGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Permabanned
the system doesnt help those that want to work it only pays off to the chavs and pikies. I feel sorry for all those who are genuinely out of work and who are actually qualified to a high standard and are being shafted/patronised by the system

SMN

SMN

Soldato
Amazing quote from Cameron - "hand up not a hand out", truly brilliant :) Maybe this will finally be the end of the council estate scum who cant even spell job.

Caporegime
I share your pain, except that I've had 4 interviews in 7 months. Almost the same ratio though.

hope you enjoy working full time for free then because by the sounds of this forum your chav scum who should be washing dishes in some road side cafe.

Litter picking along main roads would be a great idea for them to be fair. I'd also like to see programs like helping the elderly with their shopping + doing their gardening etc in an effort to bring back the respect for the elderly generation which has been lost over the years. Controlling them would be easy as long as you keep mentioning the fact that "you can't afford your white lightning unless you do what I say"
and what about the peoples whose jobs it is?

people are paid to aid the elderly , gardeners are real and litter pickers exist.

maybe next we can have all the dole people beeing the binmen and the people who previously had the job might get lucky and be allocated the same hours for peanuts

Soldato
Can I ask, under this scheme, when in one of the 'working for the dole' jobs, I'm assuming you get minimum wage then? Surely not just the £50-something a week?

Indeed, something I've pointed out to people saying it's a good idea. Lets say there are 500,000 (very low estimate) people between 16-24 on JSA at around £52 a week. Minimum wage should still apply to these people, they still have the same rights as everyone else.

40 hours a week at £5.73 is £229.20, assuming all 500,000 are given jobs it would cost £88,100,000 per week on top of what JSA costs.

The only way I can see this working fairly without costing an absolute fortune is giving them a part time job, 9 hours a week or so.

Maybe this will finally be the end of the council estate scum who cant even spell job.

Can't, you missed the apostrophe.

Man of Honour
Your idiot boss should have swallowed his pride and taken the job then, instead of being a stuck-up **** thinking he's too good for that. No wonder the nation's in the toilet.

Ridiculous. How is that beneficial to anyone? Taxman gets a pittance - or nothing - from a qualified person who should be a higher rate taxpayer. Employer gets someone way over-qualified who will be out of there in no time, and the 'boss' thinks its a waste of time.

I could be in the same boat. I'm an IT professional with nearly 20 years in the industry, but because I'm disabled I'd find it really hard to find another job. It's a fact of life - despite all the equal opportunities nonsense, employers often raise what they see as legitimate issues. How can a partially sighted person possibly be productive on a computer. Well here I am, being productive, and I can tell you people with much worse eyesight work here too.

Because I can't easily travel, that seriously restricts the scope of jobs I can accept. I'd have to rely on public transport - and while I'm on a main bus route, that still makes it a real pain. Where I am now is within walking distance. In fact, I relocated here to make travel to that job easy.

So do I hold out for the possibility of finding another local job and look like I'm not doing my bit, try to relocate - on top of job hunting, or take whatever comes up to keep Mr. JSA happy?

Luckily I'm not in that position - but I was within two weeks of being there. Not pleasant, I can tell you.

This is getting boring now.

Ok the Mail is full of tosh, but dismissing anything and everything that hints at an attempt to change what everyone accepts is a ****ed up system as "stupid" is stupid in itself.

Agreed. It's also pointless and unhelpful. Time to move on.

Permabanned
Amazing quote from Cameron - "hand up not a hand out", truly brilliant :) Maybe this will finally be the end of the council estate scum who cant even spell job.

you are a moron, u just did what the tories wanted u to do with this soundbite, u were spun by the tory spin!

Caporegime
All they can do is talk. And we're supposed to judge them on what they say, despite knowing that everything they say is almost totally meaningless.

The way we elect in this country is entirely based, so it seems, on who has the best PR department, and the smoothest speakers. And manages to keep their skeletons locked in their closets.

Once in power, the real party comes out, but then it's too late to do anything about it.

It seems entirely the wrong way to go about electing your rulers.

Caporegime
We should put them all on X-Factor, and elect the party who can put together the best singing and dancing routine. They'd have to use real members of the cabinet, not just hire musicians.

I think it could really work, ya know?

Soldato
Exactly, my jobcentre has been more than fair. The JBA agreement is that you search for an appropriate level of work.

Not force everyone to wash dishes or pick cockles and risk death.

The last time i was on JSA was 2003, they just left me to my own devices and as long as i was looking for work appropiate to my level and showed proof of it they did force anything on me

Caporegime
What other way is there? The only one I can think of is the one party state. Hello, China!

Are we really that much better off than China? over here there's only two realistically electable parties and both have virtually the same policies, the rest just make up the numbers and enhance the illusion of choice.

Once elected they just do as they please and all we can do is pathetically wait for the next election.

Man of Honour
Are we really that much better off than China? over here there's only two realistically electable parties and both have virtually the same policies, the rest just make up the numbers and enhance the illusion of choice.

Once elected they just do as they please and all we can do is pathetically wait for the next election.

I just posed the question - I made no judgement regarding the merits of either system. :)

Nix

Nix

Soldato

Yet the people who dare protest and fight for their rights as a citizen are lambasted by the general public and myopic right-wingers (of which there are many who reside on these boards).

We've made our own bed.

Soldato
The last time i was on JSA was 2003, they just left me to my own devices and as long as i was looking for work appropiate to my level and showed proof of it they did force anything on me

Same here. I was on the JSA for 3 weeks (lol) and in that time i didn't hear so much as a whisper from them. I just went in for my one and only meeting and showed them jobs i had applied for and they just stamped my book and off i went. Took about 3.43 seconds and i really got the feeling they couldn't care less what i had been searching for. Similarly i know someone who was on the JSA for 3 years and they never forced anything on him.

It's easy to get out of stuff "being force onto you" - just state the area of work you are involved in as something really obscure.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Same here. I was on the JSA for 3 weeks (lol) and in that time i didn't hear so much as a whisper from them. I just went in for my one and only meeting and showed them jobs i had applied for and they just stamped my book and off i went. Took about 3.43 seconds and i really got the feeling they couldn't care less what i had been searching for. Similarly i know someone who was on the JSA for 3 years and they never forced anything on him.

It's easy to get out of stuff "being force onto you" - just state the area of work you are involved in as something really obscure.

That's still how they do things at the moment. If however, you struggle to find work after six months - which is all fine in principle and on paper - then if you're <24 you get dumped onto New Deal. Over 24s do a different programme as far as I'm aware. The problem arises in that this additional part to the initial laissez-faire system is badly thought-out and even worse for its implementation; it's about off-loading unemployment statistics, that's all. This 'dumping' arises because those who are on a 'course' aren't strictly signing-on/unemployed. Indeed, the cracks in this additional 'magic' are becoming common knowledge as it was never designed for a recession; before it really was the dredges of society through the doors and perhaps the odd unfortunate. The system is a catch-all piece of pointless tape. It doesn't work for anyone except those who want to stay in power.

Back
Top Bottom