LCD that outperforms CRT announced!

Associate
Article

Is this the answer to LCD problems like banding and poor image quality, or just PR hipe?

Discuss;

Synopsis:
eCinema's new LCD technology is being called high dynamic range LCD, and also supports "deep color", which is higher than 24-bit color, starting at 30-bit or 36-bit and can go up to 48-bit. The new panels are able to display 36-bit color (12-bits per color channel), and 1000 to 4000 step gray-scales, producing fantastic gradients. Most LCDs today produce only 256 gray steps at most. This new "deep color" technology will be standard with the new HDMI 1.3 specification. What's most spectacular about eCinema's LCD display however, is its contrast ratio: 30,000:1. At this rating, eCinema's new DCM40HDR panel can achieve black levels that even CRTs cannot match. eCinema CEO Martin Euredjian said:
eCinema will be launching its new DCM40HDR 40-inch LCD by Q4 of this year

Last edited:
Soldato
Due to my dinner time internet filtering at school I cannot read that. Can someone post the details? An LCD that beats a CTR is interesting. I don’t like current LCD’s and need something to upgrade to. If the fixed the last few problems it could be time to get a widescreen LCD.

Associate
eCinema's new LCD technology is being called high dynamic range LCD, and also supports "deep color", which is higher than 24-bit color, starting at 30-bit or 36-bit and can go up to 48-bit. The new panels are able to display 36-bit color (12-bits per color channel), and 1000 to 4000 step gray-scales, producing fantastic gradients. Most LCDs today produce only 256 gray steps at most. This new "deep color" technology will be standard with the new HDMI 1.3 specification. What's most spectacular about eCinema's LCD display however, is its contrast ratio: 30,000:1. At this rating, eCinema's new DCM40HDR panel can achieve black levels that even CRTs cannot match. eCinema CEO Martin Euredjian said:

eCinema will be launching its new DCM40HDR 40-inch LCD by Q4 of this year

Soldato
"also supports "deep color", which is higher than 24-bit color, starting at 30-bit or 36-bit and can go up to 48-bit."
That’s great one of the 4 problems solved that stop me getting an LCD.
That just leaves response time a tiny bit faster and I will be happy. I don’t see this being a problem much longer either. If it even is anymore as I have not looked at the very newest LCD's.
Loss of sharpness when changing to a none native resolution. That really bugs me. Are any company’s working on a fix for this?

The last problem is miner, PC Light guns don’t work. I know some do work but they are not very accurate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom