*** League of Legends ***

Associate
Illaoi, Yorick, Nasus, Morde

Hmmm some good picks there. Been honest as I was expecting you to say tank champions that rely too much on the team. Outside of Nasus who takes a good while to get going (but in the right hands can be strong) you have some good options there.

Not to sound preachy but if what you say is true i.e you have strong C's per min , towers etc then it can only come down to macro play/decision making in game. For example if your massively ahead do you keep pushing your lane to continue the pressure and possibly draw the jungler in to a fight you can 2v1? Or do you join the team and try to drag them back into the game through a strong team fight?

This is hard to answer and is very situational. I would say with some confidence though that outside of Ilaoi your choices are stronger solit pushers that can take towers quickly.

I'm not exactly pro tier or anything but have played for a very long time and understand the game. If you want me to watch some of your replays around the losses I might be able to help more?

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
I’ve been playing a little while, not attempted ranked yet, still feel like a new player half the time!

I do struggle with knowing what to do when I’m either matching or winning my lane, but can see another lane struggling.

If I’m winning I can usually go help, but it’s harder when I can see them falling behind and I’m sat kind of tieing my lane, so leaving it would be a bit of a risk.

Soldato
Hmmm some good picks there. Been honest as I was expecting you to say tank champions that rely too much on the team. Outside of Nasus who takes a good while to get going (but in the right hands can be strong) you have some good options there.

Not to sound preachy but if what you say is true i.e you have strong C's per min , towers etc then it can only come down to macro play/decision making in game. For example if your massively ahead do you keep pushing your lane to continue the pressure and possibly draw the jungler in to a fight you can 2v1? Or do you join the team and try to drag them back into the game through a strong team fight?

This is hard to answer and is very situational. I would say with some confidence though that outside of Ilaoi your choices are stronger solit pushers that can take towers quickly.

I'm not exactly pro tier or anything but have played for a very long time and understand the game. If you want me to watch some of your replays around the losses I might be able to help more?

Here's one I've just played and lost. In hindsight I should've gone back and defended mid with my team but I made the assumption that they could 4v4 defend when Katarina wasn't there (as she had about 50% of their team kills, was the only one doing damage and they would send 2 people back for me) but it looks like I was wrong.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/v4i31po0qnvrsbp/EUW1-4362079405.rofl.zip/file

(Apologies for using MediaFire but it seems my website host - TSOHost - are incapable of providing decent support any more.)

Associate
I’ve been playing a little while, not attempted ranked yet, still feel like a new player half the time!

I do struggle with knowing what to do when I’m either matching or winning my lane, but can see another lane struggling.

If I’m winning I can usually go help, but it’s harder when I can see them falling behind and I’m sat kind of tieing my lane, so leaving it would be a bit of a risk.

Comes with experience :)

if you have stuck to playing one lane, i would suggest playing every lane for some time. helps you gain an understanding and respect for every position on the "board" and the difficulties they all face. Helps you make decisions based on what you can see.

I would go look at some videos on lane priority and minion control, i play with people who have played the game for years and they still haven't took the time to learn or understand this and it helps hugely in making decisions.

don't get caught up thinking you are smashing your lane so you must spend all your time going to help others, sometimes just keep killing your lane is the best move for the team otherwise you can give the enemy team a chance to get back into it, but all these come with experience through playing it. quick example would be , if you are mid lane, and you ping your lane is missing only to see them turn up in the bot lane for a gank with enemy jungle. That makes 4 enemies in the bot lane, unless you have TP available there is little chance you going bot is going to do much good by the time you get there. so hard push your lane and try to take a turret is more punishing, if bot can hold out under their turret / can escape the gank. you hard pushing forces them back to lane etc etc. lots of different ways that situation can go but you get the gist

Soldato
Decided to change to jungle this season after playing top last season. Managed to get to S1 but every game is a 50/50 whether you get 1 complete numpty or not. It's mad how easily 1 other player can completely influence your game and even more crazy how some of these players are even in Silver 1 games and not the practise tool.

if anyone is Gold/Silver and wants to duo let me know. I need to find a good duo partner.

Associate
Do any OCUK members still play? Been playing since season 5 (currently P2) support main.
Ive been playing since 5 also I think but took a break after season 8 got back into it a about a week ago usually around gold but got placed in bronze so can’t ranked with you haha unless you have a smurf

kai

kai

Soldato
Ive been playing since 5 also I think but took a break after season 8 got back into it a about a week ago usually around gold but got placed in bronze so can’t ranked with you haha unless you have a smurf

I have a smurf account, well not really smurf. It's an old diamond account that got left like 2-3 seasons. I did a few placements and ended up in bronze. Not used since apart to play with a few friends. What role do you play?

Soldato
OP
Hello Guys, just letting you know that we are still here and playing the game!

We mainly only play on Tuesday and Thursdays(8pm) but you are welcome to join and ask for players on any other days as people are often around.

Discord - https://discord.gg/uzceCr2

Agreed, would love to see more people in the game, we are a chilled group and the only request we have is you don't rage and accept sometimes games get lost as well as won :D

Back
Top Bottom